Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did they go?
I'm not talking about one hit wonders! Artist(s) that had a string of hits then just seem to vanish. I am thinking of Nelly! He had a few killer hits and put on a good concert too, then...poof!?!!

Any others come to mind???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Hmmmmm, Vanilla Ice?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Hmmmmm, Vanilla Ice?

I saw Vanilla Ice in '97. In his hard rock phase.
That was pretty awesome. I don't think I have the shirt anymore.
One hit wonder, no???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Sineed O'Connor disappeared after tearing up the pic of the Pope on SNL. She was crazy talented (well just crazy too I'd guess).

Huey Lewis sort of disappeared. The News didn't break up, they just stopped making music.

Another guy that I wonder where he is is Vinnie Vincent. He was lead guitar player for Kiss for Lick it Up. and then was dropped because his attitude was over the top. He then formed Vinnie Vincent Invasion which was awesome. Had the Slaughter brothers in the band. The band left him (because he's such a giant douche) and formed Slaughter. Vinnie hasn't been seen since.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Hmmm... Let's see....
Limp Bizkit
Alantis Morrisette
Matchbox 20
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Goldfinger.....where did they go
Mighty Mighty Bosstones......still the best Detroit Rock City cover
Brampton Wrote:Mighty Mighty Bosstones......still the best Detroit Rock City cover
That was on a Kiss tribute album called Kiss My Ass.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Hmmm... Let's see....
Limp Bizkit
Alantis Morrisette
Matchbox 20

1. Where ever they went, thank God! I hated having to listen to their shitty music.
2. Last I saw, she sang the Canadien national anthem at the Ottawa Stanley cup game. And that was after she was God in Dogma.
3. I bet they went where all the lame 90's bands go to die. Stupid VH1 "I Love the whatever" shows.
the keifer Wrote:Hmmm... Let's see....
Limp Bizkit
Alantis Morrisette
Matchbox 20

I heard the Bizkit is getting back together.. Durst must need to make some $$$, he even coaxed Wes back.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I was just thinking about this thing the other day, but I have a headache coming on and can't think of a damn group right now...

Marilyn Manson hasn't put anything new out in a spell.
It took Axl Rose 12 yrs to finally put out a new album.

What about a bunch of those 90s groups? Presidents of the USA? Collective Soul?

I met the dad of Verve Pipe's drummer (they're all Mich-based), he's a friend of the owners of my company... The group disbanded and occasionally get together to do some some gig. The drummer lives in Lansing and is a music tutor. I know they weren't all that great, but they are from my area and I haven't really met any celebrities other than Gordie Howe and Little John, Bret Michael's bodyguard dude.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Blink 182 had a bunch of shit.. and I haven't heard of them for a long time.
DaveP Wrote:Blink 182 had a bunch of shit.. and I haven't heard of them for a long time.
That's cause they broke up...........but they have recently got back together
eddieyourdj Wrote:
One hit wonder, no???

On my way to the Tiger game Saturday night, we passed a little concert hall. And Vanilla Ice was on the maquee. Aug 14th. I'm going to try and get my friends to go.
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
One hit wonder, no???

On my way to the Tiger game Saturday night, we passed a little concert hall. And Vanilla Ice was on the maquee. Aug 14th. I'm going to try and get my friends to go.
2 years ago my dad and I were on our way home from the Woodward Dream Cruise, and we went to eat at the cracker barrell. While we were there, vanilla ice and his "posse" showed up. My dad asked me who he is cause everyone was making a big deal........ I said it was no-one :roflmao: