Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2004 Ford Excursion body removal
I pulled a body off an excursion today. I took pics and will post them later. It has zero compression on cylinder 8. 6.0 liter diesel. We don't have the 1,000 dollar adapters to pull engines, so we have to take the cabs off. It actually makes it way easier anyway. The process of taking the cab off is almost the same as the pickups. The only differences, the excursion has 12 body bolts, you have to take off the fuel filler neck, and one wiring connector for the tail lights. It was actually a peice of cake.

Funny thing is the owner has his farm truck (f-350) in the shop too, with the cab off, for the exact same reason. He has extended 200,000 mile warranty on both of them. He should be happy he bought the extended warranty.

Both vehicles have approximately 175,000 miles.
Pictures
i noticed in the second pic there is a battery on the cement floor, I thought that was a no no.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:i noticed in the second pic there is a battery on the cement floor, I thought that was a no no.

Some people seem to think so, I don't know if it is bad or not. I've never had a problem. I think it is a no no for the older style of batteries that you can put water in . I think maintenance free batteries are okay on the cement.
What is wrong with the vehicle that this needs to be done?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:What is wrong with the vehicle that this needs to be done?
actually nothing, he just likes taking things apart

Engine replacement. It looks alot worse than it is.
LeNeve Wrote:

So when I eventually get a new engine in my saturn, this will happen?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

No, it will probaly come out of the bottom.
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

No, it will probaly come out of the bottom.
i thought they came out of the top?
I thought those only came with a 7.3 for a diesel.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:I thought those only came with a 7.3 for a diesel.

They did until 2003-2004 then they got the 6.0 liter
Reason for engine replacement:

shit head scum bag hack mechanic that just quit, dropped a fucking nut into cylinder. :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming:
LeNeve Wrote:Reason for engine replacement:

shit head scum bag hack mechanic that just quit, dropped a fucking nut into cylinder.

That'll do it every time. Great pics bro...no idea that was what it took to get the mill out. Oher than some mid engine cars where you drop it out of the bottom I've never seen anything like that before. It would have to make it 1000X easier to work on not to mention it seems a LOT faster than trying to yank it out of the hood.
LeNeve Wrote:Reason for engine replacement:

shit head scum bag hack mechanic that just quit, dropped a fucking nut into cylinder. :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming:
THAT would grind my fuckin gears! It's just the fact of having to fix someone else's fuck up.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Racing Cobra Jet Mustang gets green light for 2010 Joe 3 2,069 06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Last Post: negadave