Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the confedarate flag mean to you?
This was such a hot topic the last few days. I don't know my history, I have never really cared either. I hate, that in this country this is still debated, but this is my only thought on this:

It means nothing to me, other than big pick ups, chewing tobacco and country music. The only Flags that will be at my house, are the American flag, and my state of Kansas flag.

There is a ranch here, that a hispanic man owns. At his front gates he flies a Mexico flag, american flag, and the state flag of Kansas. I think this is awesome. He is a business owner, and major contributor to the community. I have no problem with this.
I feel this:

If you are from the south, and the flag rep's your heritage, than fine. As long as you can recognize what outsiders are gonna think about you. Chances are, you aren't a racist, and you may in fact be a good, hardworking individual. But there will be a stigma about you

If you sport that flag and you aren't southern, you are a racist. There arent 2 ways about it, youre a racist.......Or a trucker. I see people in Canada sporting that flag, and they are just white trash. I wont be raising that flag outside of my home.
I would like to state for the record, that I hate chewing tobacco, country music, and pickup trucks that are modified to the point, that they are useless.
I see people rockin it on their lifted trucks around here. My brother was one of them who rocked that shit when we were in school. And he was born and raised Pa just like me. I don't even know of any ancestors of mine that were even born south of the Mason Dixon line.
To me it has wannabe :douche: written all over it when the person rockin it wasn't born there or never even lived there.

My earliest memory of it has to be my Asian friend General-Lee.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I am a northerner. I have a New York City style big city attitude.

What it means to me is this:

I do not see it as being racist or meaning the person with it is racists. I do agree with Brampton, that if you are not of southern heritage, then you are probably a racist.

I see the confederate flag as a white trash style statement, and a poor one at that. I was going to say redneck, but I have learned from Pokes that redneck is not the proper term, white trash is.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
When I hear "red neck", I tend to think to myself it's just a blue collar person with southern accent.

I knew a guy in high school, not a friend, who got the confederate flag tattooed on his leg. And he was all about, and only did it for the "rebel" meaning. And he was in NO way a racist.

My thought is that it means different things to different people.
And to assume that your view of what it means is the only correct way is the defintion of being prejudice. (something you're claiming the other person to be)

–noun
1.an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
This pic was in the white trash repairs thread
[Image: 119.jpg]

I see people with the confederate flag and " the south will rise again" on their trucks here too.
I'm like, dickhead your FROM the north, your IN the north, we won the war. :dumass:
I see one of those flags and I first think... "There's a person who loves Nascar and quite possibly lives in a trailer park". I would say a good majority of the people in my area that actually sport that flag do meet those two traits. I'm sure it's different elsewhere.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Being a lifelong Southerner here's my take. The overwhelming majority of people that fly the flag do so not as a symbol of racism but as a symbol of pride in being Southern. The South is the only part of the country that truly has an identity of it's own. It is heritage, not hate. Of course like anything a few assholes can use it to further their own fucked-up agendas but they don't speak for the majority of us. Having spent time in the other parts of the United States I consider myself lucky to have been born Southern and smart enough to never leave. I'll take rednecks and hillbillies 100 times out of 100 over those Jersey Shore douchebags.

A lot of people I know fly the Confederate National Flag instead of the Battle Flag. Most people don't have a damn clue what it is and it avoids the bullshit. For me personally I prefer the Gadsen Flag.
I prefer these flags

[Image: chick1.jpg]
DaveP Wrote:I prefer these flags

Huh. I only see ass and legs.