Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early release 2011 f-250 super duty
I just test drove a new f-250 6.2l v-8 gasoline engine truck, these are my thoughts on it.

It has plenty of power, and sounds really good during wide open throttle. I was at 80+ in a quarter mile, and very shortly after that I was at the governed speed of 97mph.

Cruising down the highway at 70 was a surprisingly quiet, bump free ride. In fact it felt like I was going way slower. It handled corners, and manuveurs amazingly for a big pick up.

It has an electronic locking rear end, that alot of other manufacturers have had for awhile.

The factory stereo sounds really good, and the interior is very roomy, comfortable, and smells good.

It has 2 spark plugs per cylinder for a total of 16 spark plugs. This might be costly to have a routine tune up done. Anywhere from 500-1000 I'm guessing.

This was a stripped down fleet vehicle for a gas company, so it was as bare on the inside as you can get. Don't know the price on it.
Are they bringing out a new diesel for 2011?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Are they bringing out a new diesel for 2011?

Yes they are different. 6.7 liter Ford built diesel. For some reason they won't send out the diesels to our dealership yet. we already have a couple sold too. I think within the next 2-3 weeks, I'll get my hands on one. I will post my opinions on it then.

The 6.0 liter, and the 6.4 liter are crap, and I would never own one. When they break down, they break the fuck down, and it happens alot. We are a very small town dealer, and I have put engines in 5 trucks in the last 2 months. I HAVE. The other 2 techs have had there share too.

7.3 liter diesel was, and still is a strong bullet proof engine.

Basically 1995 to early 2003 are great Ford deisels to own, very reliable, good power.

Late 2003 to 2007 was the 6.0. Good power, better than the 7.3, but they break down like mofos. I could go on and on with problems.

2008 to 2010 you have the 6.4 liter. Seemed promising at first, but they are dropping like flies. They mostly have problems with the fuel system leaking. The fuel leaks internally, diluting the oil, and destroying engines.
LeNeve Wrote:It has 2 spark plugs per cylinder for a total of 16 spark plugs. This might be costly to have a routine tune up done. Anywhere from 500-1000 I'm guessing.
Costly is definitely the word for it. My Dodge pickup has 16 plugs. Most expensive tune-up I've ever paid for $580. The dealer was trying to diagnose a miss-fire so I had them do a tune up as well. That's the one and only tuneup that truck will ever see.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 mustang v-6 LeNeve 8 3,565 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Squarehead