Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found an object in my yard.
I was mowing and I found a small silver thing about an inch to 2 inches long. It is silver, and has a female coaxial connection on one end, and a male connection on the other end. Possible some kind of filter, but what for, and can I use this to my advantage.

It has writing on the side, and I have googled and googled, but cannot make sense of it at all. this is the writing on the side.

EAGLE COMTRONICS
PATENTED
EHP - 50.0 062

What dat mean?
Got a digital camera?
:worthlesswopics:
negadave Wrote:Got a digital camera?
:worthlesswopics:

Huh. I never thought that smiley would be used in that kinda way.
[Image: 2filters.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:[Image: 2filters.jpg]
I think they're traps. They block out individual channels on a cable run. I've seen these in nursing homes where the Comcast service comes in and they block a channel with these so they can put their own community channel in place of what they're blocking.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:
I think they're traps. They block out individual channels on a cable run. I've seen these in nursing homes where the Comcast service comes in and they block a channel with these so they can put their own community channel in place of what they're blocking.

Can I put it in between my tv and the cable hook up, and see what happens?
? It looks like the fuel filter on a 94 S-10 to me. Just alot smaller.

I think hooking it up to your tv might be a bad idea. It 99.5% probly wont break anything, but why?

I'm kinda like that too though. Anytime i get a new tool, gun, car or whatever the first thing i want to do is take it apart and see how it works
negadave Wrote:? It looks like the fuel filter on a 94 S-10 to me. Just alot smaller.

I think hooking it up to your tv might be a bad idea. It 99.5% probly wont break anything, but why?

I'm kinda like that too though. Anytime i get a new tool, gun, car or whatever the first thing i want to do is take it apart and see how it works

:roflmao: It does look like a mid 90's chevy fuel filter. I didn't even think of that until you said it.
LeNeve Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:

Yeah you should be able to. The worst that could happen is that you lose the channels that it's blocking.
When my interweb got hooked up, they put one on at the pole that blocks everything because I didn't get the cable service.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I have seen those cable filters before. They were used in the past to prevent stealing cable, I would assume they upgraded their technology by now. I just dont know why this one would have a female end on it, any one that I have seen would have 2 male connections. If you had an illegal cable box back in the day you had to take that thing off before it would work.
i remember those, I used to remove those to get HBO
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
They are garbage, just pitch them.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
the keifer Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:

Yeah you should be able to. The worst that could happen is that you lose the channels that it's blocking.
When my interweb got hooked up, they put one on at the pole that blocks everything because I didn't get the cable service.

Yes, that is a cable trap. Cable companies use them to trap channels or internet service. Basically they trap out a set spectrum on bandwidth. I wouldn't hook it up to my cable service, you will end up trapping something out not enabling you to get more services.