Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-27-10 Tooesday! I Miss You Know Who!!!
Brian in NY Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:I'm not reading that.
you only need to read that if your interested in betting on horses, or may do so at some time in your life
The only way I'd be interested in horse racing is if these are the jockies:
there are some of those, you just cant tell when they are barebacking the horse
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:another question

My wife wants to get a blackberry........which one is better Curve 8530 or Bold 9000?

I don't know about them, since i haven't ever had one
iphone
I'm getting one of those, she wants a blackberry. I don't know why
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I went to a horse track once. Made some bets.
Picked horses based on their names. There's this whole confusing way to bet, trifectas and stuff.
I didn't really get it.

It's really not complicated... If you to bet a horse to come in first, you bet them to win. If you want to see them come in 1st or 2nd, then bet them to show. Place means that they have to come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd for you to win. Exactas are where you pick the first two horses to finish the race. If you box it, then it doesn't matter which order your 2 horses finish. The more difficult the bet, the more money you stand to gain. For odds, you are going to math class. 2-1 odds usually fall on the favorite. I usually aim for 5 or 8 -1 odds with veteran horses and 10 or 15 -1 odds with younger horses.

I had people telling me what to bet, there were so many ways to bet, and then the way I was betting there was a few ways to win. Too much to figure out in just one trip.

Do you have any tracks up your way?

I wish we did! I pick the wrong sport to really get into compared to the region I live in. There is the SportsCreek Raceway somewhere in Flint, I think it's trotters though (the ones who pull the carts). I really want to get over to Mt Pleasant's track, which I heard was nice. Might have to do that some weekend this summer. Otherwise I'd have to go to Grand Rapids of Windsor. I have been to Churchill Downs in Kentucky, just not at Derby time (which I hear is party central).

I don't tell people what to bet. I just think that people who are first starting out are best to go with the simple bets til they figure things out.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

My wife wants to get a blackberry........which one is better Curve 8530 or Bold 9000?

iphone

Because she is cool... that's why!
LeNeve Wrote:My grandfather bred pedigree racehorses. They were all mean. Not good for casual riding. One of them kicked me in the knee one time. He had one that held a world record in 1953 I think.

That would be cool.. There's this famous racehorse, Cigar, who I got to pet in Lexington... He is worth $10 million. That was such a cool deal to me to be able to be up close to an animal that is worth so much money.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Brian in NY Wrote:I'm not reading that.

me either.
beckster Wrote:I wish we did! I pick the wrong sport to really get into compared to the region I live in. There is the SportsCreek Raceway somewhere in Flint, I think it's trotters though (the ones who pull the carts). I really want to get over to Mt Pleasant's track, which I heard was nice. Might have to do that some weekend this summer. Otherwise I'd have to go to Grand Rapids of Windsor. I have been to Churchill Downs in Kentucky, just not at Derby time (which I hear is party central).

I don't tell people what to bet. I just think that people who are first starting out are best to go with the simple bets til they figure things out.

There's a track with the carts down in Toledo, that's where I went.
And there's a new one by Detroit Metro Airport, that I haven't been to yet.
beckster Wrote:I just think that people who are first starting out are best to go with the simple bets til they figure things out.
hence why I listed all the bets you could make, so you could choose which is easiest for you, but.... NONE OF YOU READ IT
Brampton Wrote:she wants a blackberry. I don't know why
I'd trade her in for a new model, cause she's Lame
Covino is stalking
LeNeve Wrote:My grandfather bred pedigree racehorses. They were all mean. Not good for casual riding. One of them kicked me in the knee one time. He had one that held a world record in 1953 I think.

i have it on very good authority that the horses were sweetie pies, they just didnt like you.
[Image: getdown.gif]
Derick Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:she wants a blackberry. I don't know why
I'd trade her in for a new model, cause she's Lame
I could, but She's like a 67 Mustang, and everyone else is a pinto.
Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

iphone

Because she is an intelligent woman, that's why!
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:[Image: getdown.gif]
Awesome Smiley 5 :high5: