Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer white recommendation...
2008 M. Chapoutier Belleruche white Cotes-du-Rhone; this wine is fantastic!

Great acidity and minerality with peaches and apricots. I had this wine last night with grilled shrimp skewers but would go with any seafood wonderfully. It will also go with grilled chicken and empanadas as well as a great summer deck slammer.

I'm buying a case of this today!

[Image: Bellerouche.jpg]
Damn, an entire case!! How much is a bottle and case?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Damn, an entire case!! How much is a bottle and case?

Sorry, I forgot that. I paid $11.99 which is what I have see it listed on the internet.
JDubb Wrote:

Sorry, I forgot that. I paid $11.99 which is what I have see it listed on the internet.

I feel pretty confident in saying that the PA state run Nazi liquor stores won't carry it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

I feel pretty confident in saying that the PA state run Nazi liquor stores won't carry it.

Can you get a friend from another state to buy and ship you stuff, "like as a gift". Or is that a big no-no.
JDubb Wrote:

I was wrong about the price $9.97!
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

Can you get a friend from another state to buy and ship you stuff, "like as a gift". Or is that a big no-no.

Just do a search for the wine, there are several places that will ship to almost every state. Check out <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.winelibrary.com">http://www.winelibrary.com</a><!-- m -->
I'm not a big wine guy. You seem like you know your stuff jDubb.
Can you really tell the diference between a $12 bottle of wine and something that costs a couple hundred bucks? I mean is it a big enough difference to justify spending that much more?

The difference between a bush light and a sam adams is pretty noticeable to anyone, but the cost difference isn't really that drastic.
negadave Wrote:I'm not a big wine guy. You seem like you know your stuff jDubb.
Can you really tell the diference between a $12 bottle of wine and something that costs a couple hundred bucks? I mean is it a big enough difference to justify spending that much more?

The difference between a bush light and a sam adams is pretty noticeable to anyone, but the cost difference isn't really that drastic.

I think you can. You can tell differences as you go from $12 to $25, from $25-$50, from $50 -$80, etc. Each time you go up the wine smells and tastes more cohesive. There will be more things to notice on the nose and the wine expand in your mouth with more flavors and nuances. A Turning Leaf Cab for $6-8 will not taste anything like a Stages Leap Cask 23 $200 although the fruit for both wines are California. Both may smell like mushrooms and leather but the more expensive wine will also have more acid so it can age longer and pair better with food, the more expensive will have more floral elements on the nose than the less expensive. Cheeper wines tend to be one demential; say fruit forward with sweet tannins which feel get flabby in your mouth. The more expensive will fill your entire mouth from the front tot he back of you palette and will have a full aftertaste. The lesser wines may taste good but may not last as long on the palette and have a short aftertaste.

But with all of that said, price isn't always the best factor to determine quality. For example the wine I recommended here is only $10 and I think drinks as good as $50-80 Chateauneuf du Pape's. This last weekend I drank a wine that tasted like cough syrup, undrinkable in my opinion. And yet that wine sells for $20 and is high in asked for by a lot of people. It's all about finding something you like and keep trying more wines to figure out what you like. The guy that runs the wine seminars I go to always says when asked what his favorite wine is, "whatever I'm drinking next." There are so many wines from so many regions of the world it is hard to say, "I only like Ca. Chard." That grape will taste different in Ca., than Washington State, than burgundy, than Israel. It really depends on how the the fruit is grown, where it is grown and the winemaker. They could all be $15 but it all depends on what you like. My palette has changed as I have learned more about wines, and I am sure it will continue to change.

I could keep going...
Wow. I can hardly tell the difference between bud light and miller lite when they're out of the tap. You've got better taste buds than me.
Met some canadian girls on vacation one time and they're all drinking wine, and they were giving us a hard time about drinking beer saying we had no class.
I ended up messing around with one of them, so i guess it didn't really make that much of a difference