Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your region?
California Italian, French, Chilean, Etc. What region do you wine the most?
Myself I am a California wine enthusiast, however great wines second to that are Chilean.
Also I LOVE New York Wines, More particularly Long Island region. There are some from the Finger Lakes I like but I prefer the Island region most
Listen to Theoneboard Radio
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm">http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm</a><!-- m -->
French, by far French, specifically the Bordeaux and Alsace regions.

I have taken three seminars on French wine, so I know more about it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I have taken three seminars on French wine, so I know more about it.

Step off bitches...there's a sommelier in our midst!
Hondo Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have taken three seminars on French wine, so I know more about it.

Step off bitches...there's a sommelier in our midst!

Haha, I wish, that might actually be on my list of dream jobs. But there is SOOOOO much to know about wine. JDubb actually knows WAAAAAAY more than I do.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I know nothing about wine :nothingtoadd:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I am a fan of the old world wines. I love French Bordeaux, Burgundy, Alsase, and anything from the rhone (north and south) and Italian Barolo and Barbara. As you can tell I tend to drink reds. I do think there are great wines from Ca. but I also think the great wines from Ca. are over priced, and dare I say, over rated. I think this is changing a bit but given the choice between a Napa Cab or a French Bordeaux, I am taking the Bordeaux every time.

Now that spring is here and summer is coming quickly there are great whites and rose's to drink. Great summer whites are Falanghina, Pinot Gris (Wa. state or Alsase) unoaked chard, Gavi, and riesling. I am not the biggest fan of sauv. blanc unless is it more of the old world style (cat pee on the nose).

I drink cases of Rose during the summer. The best roses are made from pinot noir or a blend of pinot and syrah. The only time I will ever agree with Michael Billy is his comments on white Zin. As a friend of mine put it, white zin is the "hot dog" of wine. You can't be sure what is in it, sure it is tasty but you wouldn't want to make a diet of it.

For sparkling wines, remember all champaign is sparkling wine but not all sparkling wine is champaign. That means sparkling wines from champaign can only be called champaign. I would drink champaign every day; it is very universal and a great way to start you day, fill your day and end the day. The problem is they can be very expensive. Some great alternatives are Cava from Spain or Prosecco from Italy. There are some great sparkling wines from Ca. too but stay away from the large houses like Korbel and Cooks. I think Gloria Ferrer is fantastic.

I could go on and on... Argentina, Chile, Ausie, Washington and Oregon State.

Too much to cover with one post. If you want my opinion on wine ask me, I have opinions and am happy to share. Big Grin
White Zinfidel is what someone who knows nothing about wine drinks. I won't touch the stuff, it's amateur. For t he same money, there are 200 better wines in any store. WZ = WT

:nothingtoadd:
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Protip: Champaign is a city in Illinois. Champagne is sparkly wine.
Confusedwoot: :thanks:
BC wines From. the Okanagan Valley. 2009 will be a great vintage for wine here. The Spring started off poor but the summer was very hot and sunny. Some of the 2009 whites are already coming out and are fantastic.

Highlights will be the Rieslings, Ehrenfelsers, and Pinot Gris. Can't wait to see the reds when they come out next year
chelofellow Wrote:BC wines From. the Okanagan Valley. 2009 will be a great vintage for wine here. The Spring started off poor but the summer was very hot and sunny. Some of the 2009 whites are already coming out and are fantastic.

Highlights will be the Rieslings, Ehrenfelsers, and Pinot Gris. Can't wait to see the reds when they come out next year

Can I get these in the eastern US, would the PA run Nazi stores carry them?