Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend in Need..Cars and Phones
1.I am thinking of buying a ford fusion,probably around an 06 or 07.Have any of you owned or own one now?Would you recommend buying one?Leneve and Brampton,do you guys see alot of problems with them?

2.I need a new cell phone provider.I really like Fido's plans and rates,but I am leery about their coverage.Are any of you guys in Canada with Fido?What kind of coverage do you get?Southern Ontario seems good,which is where I will be most of the time,but further north doesn't look too good.What is their customer service like?Are they easy to deal with?Is it possible to get deals and credits if you sweet talk them,or are they rigid in that regard because they are so cheap to begin with?Should I just go with Telus and be done with it?

Thanks.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I have heard really good things about the Fusion. I would recommend one even though I have not ever tried one. A lot of the car people I know rave about them.

Can't help you with Canadian cell phone stuff, but I do recommend blackberries. We even have a DBN blackberry group that has about 10 members right now.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I have heard really good things about the Fusion. I would recommend one even though I have not ever tried one. A lot of the car people I know rave about them.

Can't help you with Canadian cell phone stuff, but I do recommend blackberries. We even have a DBN blackberry group that has about 10 members right now.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
i bleed green Wrote:1.I am thinking of buying a ford fusion,probably around an 06 or 07.Have any of you owned or own one now?Would you recommend buying one?Leneve and Brampton,do you guys see alot of problems with them?

2.I need a new cell phone provider.I really like Fido's plans and rates,but I am leery about their coverage.Are any of you guys in Canada with Fido?What kind of coverage do you get?Southern Ontario seems good,which is where I will be most of the time,but further north doesn't look too good.What is their customer service like?Are they easy to deal with?Is it possible to get deals and credits if you sweet talk them,or are they rigid in that regard because they are so cheap to begin with?Should I just go with Telus and be done with it?

Thanks.
Ok.......
1. The Fusion is a great car, it holds up well. My mother in law owns one (07) and she loves it. Get a V6, the 4 cyl is too noisey. The occasional one has rear brakes that will wear out faster than normal (this is due to drivers that overuse the brakes) but goes away with a replaced set of pads. great on gas, lots of pep, easy passing on the highway.
2. Fido is ok, not the best coverage. Bell has the best coverage, best network, supports all types of phones, customer service is only ok. Rogers is an abortion, and Telus is alright, since they share Bell's network (not the entire network though)

Rate plans are similar from one company to the next, no real competitive rates
I don't even own a Ford however one of the chicks I work with has a Fusion. She bought it new in 07 and she rarely ever bitches about it and believe me she's one that'll let you know if something is a piss of shit. I personally don't like the way they look.
As for the phone... I can't help you either. I don't know of anyone that has or is using Fido. As for the whole blackberry/iphone fight... go for the BB... I need another Canadian on the BBM group.
Nussie_T Wrote:I don't even own a Ford however one of the chicks I work with has a Fusion. She bought it new in 07 and she rarely ever bitches about it and believe me she's one that'll let you know if something is a piss of shit. I personally don't like the way they look.
As for the phone... I can't help you either. I don't know of anyone that has or is using Fido. As for the whole blackberry/iphone fight... go for the BB... I need another Canadian on the BBM group.
I won't be joining the BBM any time soon, so maybe he should get a blackberry
I am probably gonna get an iphone.(Sorry)I read a study that 40 % of BB users would get an iphone if they could.I've fooled around on both a bit and I like the iphone better.I'm not quite enamored with the touch screen typing but the guy I was talking to(not a salesman) told me you get used to it very quickly.

I didn't really want to pay for a 2010,but the interior is so much nicer than on the older models,that I think I am probably going to spend the extra money and buy a used 2010.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
i bleed green Wrote:I am probably gonna get an iphone.(Sorry)I read a study that 40 % of BB users would get an iphone if they could.I've fooled around on both a bit and I like the iphone better.I'm not quite enamored with the touch screen typing but the guy I was talking to(not a salesman) told me you get used to it very quickly.

I didn't really want to pay for a 2010,but the interior is so much nicer than on the older models,that I think I am probably going to spend the extra money and buy a used 2010.
Might I suggest the Sport model. AWD, V6, comes fully loaded, Sync, GPS. Plus most dealers will give you a set of winters (mounted) with the vehicle
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I am probably gonna get an iphone.(Sorry)I read a study that 40 % of BB users would get an iphone if they could.I've fooled around on both a bit and I like the iphone better.I'm not quite enamored with the touch screen typing but the guy I was talking to(not a salesman) told me you get used to it very quickly.

Might I suggest the Sport model. AWD, V6, comes fully loaded, Sync, GPS. Plus most dealers will give you a set of winters (mounted) with the vehicle
I'll have see once I start driving around and looking.I'll probably fall in love with one and buy it.
Fusion is a dope looking car in my opinion, and in 4 years of working at a Ford dealership, I have never worked on one. Besides oil changes, brakes, etc...
:nothingtoadd:
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I'm with Derick.....
BlackBerry...iPhone....Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

If ANY of you people with one of those wretched devices would spend 48 hours with a WinMo HTC phone you'd never have anything else.

BlackBerries are to HTC what Schaeffer beer is to Ardbeg single malt scotch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friend in Need-Online betting i bleed green 12 3,558 06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Last Post: i bleed green