Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin
If you watch Saturday's PPV, you saw Frank Mir get knocked the Fuck Out by Shane Carwin. And now the stage is set again for Lesnar vs Carwin on July 3 this summer. What do you think? Who's gonna win??
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe didn't add the yawn smiley?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: its there.
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
:finger:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
If Shane stands in the perimeter, I think his hands are heavy enough to drop him. If Brock gets in close, it's over. He'll overpower and kill Shane worse than Mir. Mir has the better ground game and still was manhandled. So it'll be who dictates the range that will make the difference.

I still think Brock will take it. He looks SO much bigger than Shane too, and that wasn't even him at full strength. He's still about 20% to go to get back to where he was before his intestines sprang a leak.
My theory is that Carwin is going to take Brock down quick and Brock will come out crying how he wasn't 100%... I say this, too, because I really, really hope to watch Lesnar lose. Regardless, though... I think it's going to be a memorable fight.

Didn't Brock look like shit?? (moreso than normal?)
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:My theory is that Carwin is going to take Brock down quick and Brock will come out crying how he wasn't 100%... I say this, too, because I really, really hope to watch Lesnar lose. Regardless, though... I think it's going to be a memorable fight.

Almost dying will do that. He literally was within days of dying because of the septic infection. That's the whole reason he took so much time off.

Carwin's only hope is to keep it standing up. If it goes to the ground, Carwin is done.
ap bikini team Wrote:
beckster Wrote:My theory is that Carwin is going to take Brock down quick and Brock will come out crying how he wasn't 100%... I say this, too, because I really, really hope to watch Lesnar lose. Regardless, though... I think it's going to be a memorable fight.

Almost dying will do that. He literally was within days of dying because of the septic infection. That's the whole reason he took so much time off.

Carwin's only hope is to keep it standing up. If it goes to the ground, Carwin is done.

I think Brock will let his ego get the best of him and get caught.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:

I think Brock will let his ego get the best of him and get caught.

I don't think you really pay attention to his fighting (possibly blinded by an intense hatred of the guy? lol). He doesn't have an ego during the fight. He might have it before and after, but during a fight, he is very good at what he does, and that's overpowering and pummeling. He stands and strikes to open up a chance to shoot and bring the person down. Once he does, he uses his power to ground and pound till they give up. He'll do the same thing with Carwin. If he gets him down, I think it'll be over. He was still towering over him and was wider and stronger looking than Carwin was when they were standing in front of each other, and it's still only about 70%.
ap bikini team Wrote:I don't think you really pay attention to his fighting (possibly blinded by an intense hatred of the guy? lol). He doesn't have an ego during the fight. He might have it before and after, but during a fight, he is very good at what he does, and that's overpowering and pummeling. He stands and strikes to open up a chance to shoot and bring the person down. Once he does, he uses his power to ground and pound till they give up. He'll do the same thing with Carwin. If he gets him down, I think it'll be over. He was still towering over him and was wider and stronger looking than Carwin was when they were standing in front of each other, and it's still only about 70%.

I never said he wasn't a good fighter. I just have this feeling that Carwin will have an edge over him, I actually think that illness took a lot out of him and I expect him to not be 100%. I used to like Brock til he dissed his fans, now I am over him... if being a heel was more his way of things, he needs to head back to that soap opera called the WWE. I also like the whole underdog aspect... Brock is so big and seemingly unstoppable that I would love nothing more than to see him get stopped. Otherwise he's going to get very dull to watch "Oh, gee, Brock Is fighting who? I mean Brock is going to beat who :roll: ?"

The only guy I have ever called out for being a shitty fighter is Kimbo. ;-)
I HATE PIE!!
As expected, Carwin was completely gassed after a round. Brock took a beating, but showed he had a chin (he didn't go out). And then he showed how much he's progressed, with an arm triangle.

Tough to keep bashing him. He's only going to get better.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.mmator.com/2010/07/shane-carwin-vs-brock-lesnar.html">http://video.mmator.com/2010/07/shane-c ... esnar.html</a><!-- m -->