Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Untethered Jailbreak for 3.1.x
Derick Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Chip Wrote:http://www.gadgetteaser.com/tag/android/
that was a study based on add traffic, completely useless. How many times do you click the adds? I'm not saying the android isnt a good product, for those people that dont have ATT service in there area its pretty much the only option for those folks.

:rant:
why everytime someone starts an iphone thread with useful information for those iphone users on here, does someone have to come along with stupid bullshit about something non-iphone related. This is just starting to piss me off. you wanna talk about android, START A FUCKING THREAD.

Haha.
Cause iPhone haters are getting as carried away as iPhone fanboys I guess.
have you compared the number of iphone threads to blackberry threads? there are far more blackberry threads on here. There are only a few of us that own iphones, and I jsut like to pass along information relating to the iphone for anyone who might be interested. NOT to start the iphone/blackberry discussion every fucking thread

But the link I posted was about Android phones... :poke:
Derick Wrote::rant:
why everytime someone starts an iphone thread with useful information for those iphone users on here, does someone have to come along with stupid bullshit about something non-iphone related. This is just starting to piss me off. you wanna talk about android, START A FUCKING THREAD.
Because non-iphone users are Lame .
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I would possibly rock an i phone if I had at&t.
I have an Iphone. Its great, better than my old phone.

I'm just waiting for my warranty to run out, then I'll jailbreak it. For now its fine the way it is
If I jailbreak it and download paid apps for free,will the apps quit working if I need to reset it.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
i bleed green Wrote:If I jailbreak it and download paid apps for free,will the apps quit working if I need to reset it.
nope. If you JB and have apps on there, you can back those up using a JB program so if you need to reset it, and want to JB again, you still have your apps
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I watched the video and maybe I'm just dense and you posted it as joke but I can't see what the hell the guy is doing.
i bleed green Wrote:I watched the video and maybe I'm just dense and you posted it as joke but I can't see what the hell the guy is doing.
your probably just dense. But I'll explain it. First off its an ipod touch, you can tell from the headphone at the bottom. its also running the voice command software, so you can tell its an up-to-date software. you can tell from the background that it has been jailbroken (the only way you get custom backgrounds is to JB). It also shows the unit being powered off and back on without the aid of a computer (this is unteathered). Up until earlier this week, all JB on the newest firmware required you to hook it up to a computer if wanted to power cycle. This is no longer an issue, because the newest JB is unteathered
This thread is :fag:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
^^this person is :fag:
:homo:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Derick Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I watched the video and maybe I'm just dense and you posted it as joke but I can't see what the hell the guy is doing.
your probably just dense. But I'll explain it. First off its an ipod touch, you can tell from the headphone at the bottom. its also running the voice command software, so you can tell its an up-to-date software. you can tell from the background that it has been jailbroken (the only way you get custom backgrounds is to JB). It also shows the unit being powered off and back on without the aid of a computer (this is unteathered). Up until earlier this week, all JB on the newest firmware required you to hook it up to a computer if wanted to power cycle. This is no longer an issue, because the newest JB is unteathered
So basically he isn't actually showing how do it.He's just showing that it's already done.That's why I couldn't figure out what he was doing.
i bleed green Wrote:So basically he isn't actually showing how do it.He's just showing that it's already done.That's why I couldn't figure out what he was doing.
yes he is showing that it is done.
I decided to bump this thread because I found this article.I love my iphone and ipod,but this article pretty much sums everything I hate about apple.
http://ca.tech.yahoo.com/blogs/the_worki...ticle/4531

It's hard to remember a time when Apple wasn't the coolest company on the planet. In 1984, the company made its voice heard with a groundbreaking Super Bowl ad that launched the Macintosh to the world.

In 2001, the iPod was released. In 2007, we got the iPhone. Today, hundreds if not thousands of blogs exist with the sole charter of writing about Apple every day, and coverage from the mainstream media ranging from USA Today to the Wall Street Journal is, to put it mildly, fawning to the point of embarrassment. Apple has seemingly done no wrong for a decade.

But the tide is clearly changing, and Apple is finding itself increasingly on the defensive against allegations that it has become stodgy, overbearing, mean-spirited, and even uncool.

It's hard to determine exactly when and where Apple lost its groove. Was it when the company brought the hammer down on iPhone tinkerers, "bricking" jailbroken iPhones? Was it when the company began threatening to delete applications from the app store because it didn't like how they were developed? Or when it asked the cops to raid the house of a blogger who wrote about an unreleased product? Or when a Pulitzer Prize winner's cartoon was banned from the app store? Or when Apple's "no nipples on your iPhone" policy led an edgy fashion magazine to dub its censored iPad version the "Iran Edition?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm still an iPhone fan, but society as a whole seems to be over it. The cachet of whipping out your iPhone at a restaurant is all but gone now: you're more likely to witness rolled eyes while the real oohs and aahs are directed at the guy with the latest Android handset. While the facts remain in question, it's not hard to believe that Android is now outselling the iPhone, at least in certain circles.

But there's no doubting that Apple has been spending the last several months digging its own hipster grave as it becomes an angry sourpuss of a company that many have started comparing to Microsoft, something that was unthinkable only a few years ago.

And Apple may actually be even worse than Redmond. Consider the Gestapo tactics of firing overly chatty employees and, in perhaps the dumbest move from the company ever, sending a team of cops to break down the door of a Gizmodo blogger and seize his computers, all over a misplaced cell phone. Apple prizes its secrecy — a tactic that has been incredibly successful at building buzz and placing free media stories for years — but now that secrecy has turned mean-spirited, the business equivalent of the old man yelling at kids to get out of his yard.

The situation isn't dire (yet), but it's not great. After all, when pop culture stalwarts like Jon Stewart and The Simpsons start mocking you, it's kind of hard to regain your cool, kooky commercials or not.

Rest assured, Apple mania isn't likely to go away anytime soon. I mean, if Betty White can return to the pop-culture eye, anyone can. But even if the coolness has worn off, unless Apple stumbles by releasing a truly awful product or gets caught up in a financial scandal, it's tough to see the masses turning against it for good.

On second thought, the company already had the financial scandal. No one much cared.

There were iPhones to think about.