Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here
Derick Wrote:not my fucking problem its disabled, i embeded it

I originally embedded it to, but it didn't work, so I changed it. ;-)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Welcome to the forum Mongo!! :happy: I'll be happy to give you a lil hazing...... Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28khv-BydeY (it won't let me embed it! :Flaming: )

Haha. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw his name.
Hey Mongo...Welcome to DBN...you picked a Great forum. I won't haze you, but I do like some details...why did you pick "Mongo"..is that your last name or do you like Mangos!!!!, where do you live? Do you listen while at work? I'll think of some more questions for you, you can just start with those.....please! :boobs:
Greg Mercer Wrote:Welcome, mongo! Glad to hear about another new listener to the show.

You probably have heard the guys talk about it during the show, but you might also like to register at the official C&R forum as well. You may find some more topics about the show that you can voice your opinion on. Both forums have some cool guys that are very dedicated listeners.

:riot: Confusedhitfan:
So WHY is it ok to advertise to new people on this page to get people to traffic to the other forum, and we get crucified for doing it over there? Huh? Huh? Huh?

lol :j/k:
Iva13 Wrote:Hey Mongo...Welcome to DBN...you picked a Great forum. I won't haze you, but I do like some details...why did you pick "Mongo"..is that your last name or do you like Mangos!!!!, where do you live? Do you listen while at work? I'll think of some more questions for you, you can just start with those.....please! :boobs:

I have been nicknamed Mongo since High School. Probably because I am big clumsy and lumbering. I live in Chowd Nation (Region of the great Boston Red Sox) I listen while I do my pt time job which is a delivery service.
Listen to Theoneboard Radio
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm">http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm</a><!-- m -->
mongo Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Hey Mongo...Welcome to DBN...you picked a Great forum. I won't haze you, but I do like some details...why did you pick "Mongo"..is that your last name or do you like Mangos!!!!, where do you live? Do you listen while at work? I'll think of some more questions for you, you can just start with those.....please! :boobs:

I have been nicknamed Mongo since High School. Probably because I am big clumsy and lumbering. I live in Chowd Nation (Region of the great Boston Red Sox) I listen while I do my pt time job which is a delivery service.

Mongo, I have a question for you. My friends and I used to be casual fans of the Boston sports teams. I liked the Pats a lot during the Bledsoe years, some of my best friends followed the Red Sox as their second team, how can you not like the Celtics?

Then the Patriots started winning Super Bowls and the Red Sox won a few World Series and it seemed like EVERY Boston fan turned into a bad winner and a huge asshole. As a result the Patriots are now one of my 5 most hated teams and my friends can no longer stand the Red Sox.

What's the deal with that?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Welcome!!! :rock:
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Hey Mongo, welcome to DBN! :beer:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
mongo Wrote:

Mongo, I have a question for you. My friends and I used to be casual fans of the Boston sports teams. I liked the Pats a lot during the Bledsoe years, some of my best friends followed the Red Sox as their second team, how can you not like the Celtics?

Then the Patriots started winning Super Bowls and the Red Sox won a few World Series and it seemed like EVERY Boston fan turned into a bad winner and a huge asshole. As a result the Patriots are now one of my 5 most hated teams and my friends can no longer stand the Red Sox.

It is like that if you are from outside the local fan base for any team. More particularly bandwagoners which most of us are to a degree.
That said, people always love the underdog for which the Pats and Sox for many years were. Give em a few dominant seasons and the local true fans stay true, but the bandwagoners always seem to fall to the dark side. It has happened for every team. I at one time loved the 49ers, then after about their 3rd trophy, I was full and wanted them to fail.
Listen to Theoneboard Radio
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm">http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm</a><!-- m -->
mongo Wrote:
mongo Wrote:

It is like that if you are from outside the local fan base for any team. More particularly bandwagoners which most of us are to a degree.
That said, people always love the underdog for which the Pats and Sox for many years were. Give em a few dominant seasons and the local true fans stay true, but the bandwagoners always seem to fall to the dark side. It has happened for every team. I at one time loved the 49ers, then after about their 3rd trophy, I was full and wanted them to fail.

So when it comes down to it, it's the bandwagon fans who are the bad winners and assholes?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
mongo Wrote:
mongo Wrote:I have been nicknamed Mongo since High School. Probably because I am big clumsy and lumbering. I live in Chowd Nation (Region of the great Boston Red Sox) I listen while I do my pt time job which is a delivery service.

So when it comes down to it, it's the bandwagon fans who are the bad winners and assholes?

I think the same can be said for most teams to an extent. After the Sox on their first World Series, I went to a Tigers/Sox game here in Detroit, and wow, I have NEVER seen so many brand new hats in my life. I don't know if all those Sox fans were from around here, or coming from Boston, but wow. And I admit that's part of my Penguin hate, they go from the bottom of the league in attendance to being a "model franchise" in a matter of a couple seasons. Sure, there's always the fans that were there the whole time, and don't turn into ass holes, but, there's always those "few". I fear for my sanity if the Lions here are to ever get good again. Their fans are ass hats already, god help me if they actually have something to cheer for.
Chip Wrote:
mongo Wrote:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Mongo, I have a question for you. My friends and I used to be casual fans of the Boston sports teams. I liked the Pats a lot during the Bledsoe years, some of my best friends followed the Red Sox as their second team, how can you not like the Celtics?

I think the same can be said for most teams to an extent. After the Sox on their first World Series, I went to a Tigers/Sox game here in Detroit, and wow, I have NEVER seen so many brand new hats in my life. I don't know if all those Sox fans were from around here, or coming from Boston, but wow. And I admit that's part of my Penguin hate, they go from the bottom of the league in attendance to being a "model franchise" in a matter of a couple seasons. Sure, there's always the fans that were there the whole time, and don't turn into ass holes, but, there's always those "few". I fear for my sanity if the Lions here are to ever get good again. Their fans are ass hats already, god help me if they actually have something to cheer for.

To be fair, the Penguins had supurb attendance in the 80's and 90's, then the first few years of the 2000's they dropped for about a 4 year span while they were collecting first round picks, then in 2005 they started selling out and have not stopped since. So in all fairness, the abnormality was the drop in attendance, not the increase.

Thanks for the info. Mongo !!!!! Hope to see you on here during the live show!!!!!!
How is it Pete and Chip can turn every topic into a hockey discussion? :deadhorse:
Joe In PA Wrote:How is it Pete and Chip can turn every topic into a hockey discussion? :deadhorse:

You know, I realized that, and I wanted to respond to Pete's last post, but I didn't. It was hard, but I showed some restraint.