Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Influences
Growing up we were all influenced by the different styles of music from people around us. For me, my parents listen to a lot of Oldies and Pop. My grandparents liked Country. My friends liked all kinds. It wasn't until one Saturday morning when I first saw Alice Cooper's Poison video that I really discovered what kind of music I really enjoyed. My question is what song/ group influenced all of you?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I will say that I can still stand some of the oldies, but the popular music especially boy bands are something I am so happy to never have to listen to anymore!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Led Zeppilin and Ted Nugent come to mind for me. When I was 10 or so my dad would play name that tune with him in the car, and if I guessed it right he let me sit on his lap and drive. the only ones I remember getting correct were Led Zeppilin, ted nugent, pimk floyd, and steely dan.
Schooly D.

Definite LEE not Tool b/c they FUCKING SUCK!!!
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Schooly D.

You are soo mistaken... The day I discovered Tool was probably the same day I discovered what a true orgasm was. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :boobs:
I HATE PIE!!
I don't want Tool to give me an orgasm. The Ramones wouldn't do that to me.
beckster Wrote:

You are soo mistaken... The day I discovered Tool was probably the same day I discovered what a true orgasm was. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :boobs:

So you've never really had a good orgasm. That's a shame.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I grew up hearing bands like CCR, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Lynyrd Synyrd and Stepponwolf. They were in heavy rotation in the tape deck of my dads truck.
My grandfather on the other hand used to play the old country. I'm talking that old yoteling shit. Makes me wanna :barf:
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I guess if I were to say what bands influenced what I like.......VanHalen (guitar like no other), Old U2 (well put together with the garage feel), then just odds and ends to fill the rest.

Oh I forgot, the Village People! :roflmao:
Brampton Wrote:Oh I forgot, the Village People! :roflmao:

:fag: ??????????
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

So you've never really had a good orgasm. That's a shame.

I have for sure... and it was spectacular!
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Oh I forgot, the Village People! :roflmao:

:fag: ??????????
:roflmao: :roflmao: :happy:
My dad was into classic rock and southern rock, so I grew up listening to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Steppenwolf, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, etc.

He also listened to country once in a while. Fortunately I never picked up on any of that crap.
I forgot 2, ZZ Top and George Thouroghgood. Love the southern style blues rock! :rock:
Brampton Wrote:I forgot 2, ZZ Top and George Thouroghgood. Love the southern style blues rock! :rock:
and Stevie Ray Vaughan :rock: