Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is UFC Going Lame??
Dana White announced that the UFC signed a boxer James Toney to a multi-fight contract. Apparently, Dana is a huge fan of the guy (he is considered one of the five finest boxers of his era). This is a 41 yr old fat guy who’s gut has hung over his waist and who has been in trouble for steroid use.

What in the world is Dana thinking? Bring in this bum so Kimbo has another lame-o to fight? What decent fighter wants to go up against a decrepit has-been? They would be screwed, either they would be embarrassed by losing to this guy or criticized for beating him up. He also knows nothing but boxing.

It looks to me like Dana is building a stable for Kimbo, so he won’t look as bad as he would with any other real mma fighter.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Answer to question:

Yes
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I read a thread on tomb saying they were bringing in the president of WWE as a partner.
Since then it's starting to resemble the same type of marketing WWE uses. I still like to watch the fights, but i don't really like the way they try to over-hype everything.
So if it's a yes or no question, i'll say yes
I lost respect when Dana signed Kimbo up. Now, I think he's gathering up bums who stand a good chance of losing to Kimbo.... Like this guy, who,coincidentally, will fight in the same weight-class as Kimbo.

I'll still watch, but not as much
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
some would argue that it's always been lame
MMM Cunty!
I'd rather watch random people beat the shit out of each other on Youtube.
beckster Wrote:I lost respect when Dana signed Kimbo up. Now, I think he's gathering up bums who stand a good chance of losing to Kimbo.... Like this guy, who,coincidentally, will fight in the same weight-class as Kimbo.

I'll still watch, but not as much

I don't know. He showed that he was working. His stand up has improved, and even some of his ground game improved over his last fight. They aren't giving anyone tune up fights. I bet Dana was flipping out when he was Alexander basically running the whole time. I'd also wager that you probably won't see much more of Alexander because of that kind of fight.

So even if Toney sucks, he isn't going to get a tune up match. Lesner didn't. He's going to get tossed in there with someone decent and will either sink or swim.
Pete Nice Wrote:Answer to question:

Yes
Maybe.... but it's still more fun to watch than hockey :poke:
I have completely lost ALL interest in MMA.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I have completely lost ALL interest in MMA.
I never had any.
Watching Carwin knock Mir out in the first round was great. Watching GSP vs Hardy standing up and going down and up and down... was a bit monotonous.. All in all, it was a great night of fights.... I just would like to see it kept like it is instead of turning it into the WWE, which is what Dana seemed like he was doin when he brought Kimbo in after talking all that smack about him and then when Kimbo basically sucked ass during UF: HW.
I HATE PIE!!