Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/17/10 Wednesday - Hope I did this right........
Morning all, I don't know when the hell I will be able to get on. I am stuck at the front counter until further notice.
Nussie_T Wrote:Morning all, I don't know when the hell I will be able to get on. I am stuck at the front counter until further notice.
Is that some sort of "time-out" or something?
Ok here is the story about the exhaust thing.

New guy we hired takes off manifolds for some reason on a expedition. He goes driving around, we hear on the scanner that a vehicle is on fire. He gets dropped back off here by a police officer. He also had a leaky fuel pressure tester hooked up to it.

This guy is one class away from being ford certified. My kids have more common sense than this guy.

Kind of pisses me off.
LeNeve Wrote:You have no idea how nervous starting this thread is making me. It kind of sucks.

Geez, I had no idea you had such anxiety about that. Breathe deeply.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:your all good, correct date, correct spelling

Um... And how do you spell Wednesday? I opt for W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y, I didn't realize that W-E-D-N-S-D-A-Y was considered an acceptable, alternative spelling.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Does anyone know what will happen if you take exhaust manifolds off of a vehicle and drive it around?

Nope
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Brian is correct. I do suck. What an emotional roller coaster this morning has been already.

Shit, do you need some Pamprin, too?
I HATE PIE!!
Nussie_T Wrote:Morning all, I don't know when the hell I will be able to get on. I am stuck at the front counter until further notice.

What the heck?! How will that prevent you from posting?
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Ok here is the story about the exhaust thing.

New guy we hired takes off manifolds for some reason on a expedition. He goes driving around, we hear on the scanner that a vehicle is on fire. He gets dropped back off here by a police officer. He also had a leaky fuel pressure tester hooked up to it.

This guy is one class away from being ford certified. My kids have more common sense than this guy.

Kind of pisses me off.
So, he just bought the owner a new Expedition?
Brian in NY Wrote:

A guy quit and the "forgot" to hire someone else and the new service manager we hired left a week ago on holidays to Daytona. So I am stuck up here until they find a suitable replacement.

Kind of pisses me off.

OOH! Can you fire him? :praying: :boobs:
I HATE PIE!!

Kind of pisses me off.
so wait, he caught the vehicle on fire, and now owner of vehicle gets a new one? But why would there be an ignition source, the ignition should be contained within the cylinders, just hot gas comming out of the ports, so what caught on fire?
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

A guy quit and the "forgot" to hire someone else and the new service manager we hired left a week ago on holidays to Daytona. So I am stuck up here until they find a suitable replacement.
holiday = vacation. For those that dont speak canadian
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Brian in NY Wrote:

Kind of pisses me off.
So, he just bought the owner a new Expedition?

I don't know what happens in that kind of situation. I'v enever fucked anything up that bad to find out, in my entire life.
Derick Wrote:

Kind of pisses me off.
so wait, he caught the vehicle on fire, and now owner of vehicle gets a new one? But why would there be an ignition source, the ignition should be contained within the cylinders, just hot gas comming out of the ports, so what caught on fire?

I've had manifolds off before (in the shop), and if you are really getting on it and backing off, it leaves a fuel rich mixture that ignites, and shoots flames out of the heads. You can actually see the flames.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM