Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-29-10 FRIDAY....Yo!!!
The Top Ten List
"New Ford Slogans"
As presented on the 04/29/96 broadcast of LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN

10. Where there's smoke, there's a Ford
9. Have you driven a Ford to the fire station lately?
8. Forget Chevy -- we've got the real Blazer!
7. Available in original or extra crispy
6. Now every Bronco is as exciting as O.J.'s!
5. Ford, the Unabomber of the highways
4. Quality is job one, putting out the fire is job two
3. Like a rock -- a rock of hot, molten lava
2. Aren't you tired of cops who stop you for speeding and ask, "Where's the
fire?"
1. Click...vroom...kaboom!
We need a top ten for Toyota....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
s type jaguar is the same as a lincoln ls.
Same as in powertrain, not body styling.
[Image: 02_LincolnLS_Pic.jpg]
[Image: jaguar-s-type-r-p.jpg]
toyota's have been and always will be far superior, give me 1 other car that you can run for 400,000 miles with very few issues. Even though they have shut down the production and sales until the problem is fixed, shows that they care about the problem. How many cases of stuck gas pedals have been reported? My guess is not that many really have a problem, but just in case senario, they listed all models that may be effected.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Snowblower is now running.
I have a toyota, they say the condition is very rare. luckily since we've had the baby it hasn't left the garage. when they actually have a repair for the problem I will take it in. for now, we'll just be aware. on our rental fleet, we're getting them all checked now and we'll get them fixed when there is a repair.
LeNeve Wrote:Snowblower is now running.
now what are you going to do for the rest of the day? That should have been a 3-4 hour job
LeNeve Wrote:Snowblower is now running.

does that mean you have to clear the parking lot now?
michaelangelo Wrote:I have a toyota, they say the condition is very rare. luckily since we've had the baby it hasn't left the garage. when they actually have a repair for the problem I will take it in. for now, we'll just be aware. on our rental fleet, we're getting them all checked now and we'll get them fixed when there is a repair.
the only reason you hear about this, is stupid people that dont know how to lift the pedal off of the floor once it gets stuck.
1. realize pedal is stuck
2. wedge foot under pedal
3. lift
4. if above fail, grab with hand
Derick The Solution Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:I have a toyota, they say the condition is very rare. luckily since we've had the baby it hasn't left the garage. when they actually have a repair for the problem I will take it in. for now, we'll just be aware. on our rental fleet, we're getting them all checked now and we'll get them fixed when there is a repair.
the only reason you hear about this, is stupid people that dont know how to lift the pedal off of the floor once it gets stuck.
3. lift
all else fails, put car in neutral, turn off engine
Derick The Solution Wrote:toyota's have been and always will be far superior, give me 1 other car that you can run for 400,000 miles with very few issues. Even though they have shut down the production and sales until the problem is fixed, shows that they care about the problem. How many cases of stuck gas pedals have been reported? My guess is not that many really have a problem, but just in case senario, they listed all models that may be effected.
They don't care about the problem, cause they've known about it for months, and didn't do anything till the government stepped in and told them to shut down and fix it! Confusedlap:
list of vehicle effected with sticky gas pedal over the years
mercury sable
plymouth sundance
lexus
bmw
honda civic
ford escape
chevy trailblazer
lotus

it effects a lot of vehicles over the years from low dollar to high end cars
3. lift
all else fails, put car in neutral, turn off engine
You can't turn the car off in some due to a bad push button start system, plus you only have 2 brake attempts before the brakes don't work.
LeNeve Wrote:s type jaguar is the same as a lincoln ls.

Jags are nice automobiles. I take extra time to check them out at the auto show.... Which I totally missed this year! Confusedad:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip