Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again)
Last Thursday some of you might remember that I ran out of the house at like 2:30 and raced to an interview 30 mins away that started at 3.    I basically got there, almost left my car running as I ran to the building only to find out I was one week early.   Well here is interview day all over again!   For real this time.

Just in case I get stuck on a call like last week I'm setup with wireless earbuds and have my suit ready to go hanging next to me.  I can take some comfort in knowing that after several months of searching for people they narrowed it down to two people.   On Tuesday they interviewed one of them and today they interview me.  They guy Tuesday didn't make it based on his answers to some of the questions they asked about technology from what the recruiter was telling me.  They recruiter also told me just because I'm the only one left doesn't mean I've got it.  They have gone rounds before and picked no one.  Confused
(11-07-2019, 09:39 AM)Joe Wrote: Last Thursday some of you might remember that I ran out of the house at like 2:30 and raced to an interview 30 mins away that started at 3.    I basically got there, almost left my car running as I ran to the building only to find out I was one week early.   Well here is interview day all over again!   For real this time.

Just in case I get stuck on a call like last week I'm setup with wireless earbuds and have my suit ready to go hanging next to me.  I can take some comfort in knowing that after several months of searching for people they narrowed it down to two people.   On Tuesday they interviewed one of them and today they interview me.  They guy Tuesday didn't make it based on his answers to some of the questions they asked about technology from what the recruiter was telling me.  They recruiter also told me just because I'm the only one left doesn't mean I've got it.  They have gone rounds before and picked no one.  Confused

I somehow missed that story... it was a good one though.   Good luck on your interview today.
Yeah, good luck Joe!
Last week Derick and I were talking and he was saying he is going to be single forever so I give him a friends phone number and tell him to call or text her. He doesn't. So I attempt to do the mom thing where you would call him by his full n
ame and that's when I realized... I don't know what the "S" in Derick S. Burgad stands for... so if anyone has some good guesses... help a girl out.
(11-07-2019, 09:39 AM)Joe Wrote: Last Thursday some of you might remember that I ran out of the house at like 2:30 and raced to an interview 30 mins away that started at 3.    I basically got there, almost left my car running as I ran to the building only to find out I was one week early.   Well here is interview day all over again!   For real this time.

You got this. Just be yourself... on second thought maybe you should wait until after you have the job to be yourself lol. Good luck man
I'm smiling because I'm washing my balls
(11-07-2019, 11:23 AM)JimInPA Wrote:

You got this. Just be yourself... on second thought maybe you should wait until after you have the job to be yourself lol. Good luck man

Yeah I'm going to hold back on being 100% me.   Big Grin

For the first time in many years I am ridiculously nervous about this one.

At least you have the right day this time (I hope). Good luck!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
(11-07-2019, 10:37 AM)NussieT Wrote: Last week Derick and I were talking and he was saying he is going to be single forever so I give him a friends phone number and tell him to call or text her.  He doesn't.  So I attempt to do the mom thing where you would call him by his full n
ame and that's when I realized... I don't know what the "S" in Derick S. Burgad stands for...  so if anyone has some good guesses... help a girl out.

I thought I could do an internet search and figure it out. I found a bunch of stuff, but not that.

Sam, Stanley, Slick, Stalker... I dunno
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Good Luck Joe! I need to find a good recruiter, going through these job sites and applying hundreds of times with no response is draining
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
(11-07-2019, 01:56 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 10:37 AM)NussieT Wrote: Last week Derick and I were talking and he was saying he is going to be single forever so I give him a friends phone number and tell him to call or text her.  He doesn't.  So I attempt to do the mom thing where you would call him by his full n
ame and that's when I realized... I don't know what the "S" in Derick S. Burgad stands for...  so if anyone has some good guesses... help a girl out.

I thought I could do an internet search and figure it out. I found a bunch of stuff, but not that.

I was going to say Single.  But I thought that was too easy.

Santiago, Sergio, Skeet, Sven, Seymour....
I'm smiling because I'm washing my balls

Are you willing to sleep your way to the top?
(11-07-2019, 03:00 PM)Chip Wrote:

That's why I left it off my list.
I HATE PIE!!
(11-07-2019, 07:38 PM)eddieyourdj Wrote:

Are you willing to sleep your way to the top?

Confused  I think Eddie is offering Joe a job....
I HATE PIE!!
(11-08-2019, 12:34 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 03:00 PM)Chip Wrote:

That's why I left it off my list.
Hahaha for some reason that never popped in my mind.  I started using girl names for S'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Friiiday!! Nov 8,2019 ~ Fuck Colds Beckster 5 21 11-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  11/4/2019 - Lets do this BECKER 151 319 11-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  January 10th, 2019 Joe 0 794 01-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Joe
  January 8th, 2019 Joe 0 226 01-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Joe
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM