Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil filters
[youtube]Xyb4kQSVjbs[/youtube]
I don't know dude. I'm driving a $1,500 car right now. I'm gonna stick with Fram oil filters and whatever other non factory stuff i can get
For any and all questions about oil and filters check this out:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php">http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php</a><!-- m -->

No hype, no hyperbole....just the straight dope.
i know that using fram filters on a cummins engine voids any warenty on the engine .
how much money could you possibly save by using the crap filters? maybe $30 A YEAR

people are friggin stupid trying to save a nickel and using inferior stuff, like the morons who buy a car that requires premium gas and then puts regular in to save money..... (maybe you'll save $200 a year.....)
MMM Cunty!
I drive a German car so I pretty much take whatever the store has, because 9 times out of 10 they don't even have the filter I need. I did always buy Motorcraft for all of my Mustangs. I always use Mobile 1 too.
If youre gonna use a synthetic oil, Use a synthetic oil.

People who use semi-synthetic are dumb. They only need to use 1 molecule of synthetic in the whole bottle to call it semi synthetic.

On the oil filter tip, use the factory filter. Its the safest way to project your engine. Aftermarket filter are garbage
I was using fram on my old pontiac sunbird which has almost 230,000mi on it. I put 170,000mi on that car the whole time I ran it using fram oil filters and the oil was changed religiously every 3000mi. I'd still be driving it now if that dumb ass didn't hit me last month.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Older cars are fine using aftermarket stuff. Newer vehicles use clean oil for variable timing on gas engines, and injector control on diesel engines. I have seen too many vehicles (Fords) ruined by shoddy maintence.
You want to destroy a new engine? Use thicker weight oil than what the factory recommends.
brampton Wrote:You want to destroy a new engine? Use thicker weight oil than what the factory recommends.

What about an engine with 100,000+ miles on it? My Jeep and Expedition both have 120,000 on them.. any benefit to using something other than the standard oil that I put in them?
DaveP Wrote:
brampton Wrote:You want to destroy a new engine? Use thicker weight oil than what the factory recommends.

What about an engine with 100,000+ miles on it? My Jeep and Expedition both have 120,000 on them.. any benefit to using something other than the standard oil that I put in them?
The Jeep probably doesn't matter cause they burn through oil like its gas anyway.

The expedition however has a "modular" engine. The clearances are so small that if you don't use what I suspect is 5w20, you could screw the engine up pretty bad by using thicker oil.

I've seen engine parts and engines that would really surprise you!