Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 ~ Summer's Over
All the kiddos are back to school. Summer's over.

I sure you guys had better weekends than I had.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:All the kiddos are back to school. Summer's over.

My kids don't start until Friday. Their opening year parent teacher is on Thursday.
We poured a 40 yard grain bin slab on Thursday. I spent a good chunk of Friday trying to get everything straightened out.
The contractor tried to blame it on us but I did everything right.
Basically once my trucks left, so did they.
They didn't even finish the top, it looks like shit. You can see their boot marks in it and the honeycombing (the holes in the sides) are terrible. On large slabs like this there are some but nothing you should be able to put your finger through.

[Image: 865ea6876d86eb1824e2244d9e197067.jpg][Image: 146143922cb2a8d52751dd97d9847bdf.jpg][Image: 264678d9f6ceb7dec9a8a837e40b1d00.jpg][Image: b7c768b056d90c19796bfa508b273392.jpg]
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:All the kiddos are back to school. Summer's over.

My kids don't start until Friday. Their opening year parent teacher is on Thursday.

I think every school that hasn't already started around here did today.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:We poured a 40 yard grain bin slab on Thursday. I spent a good chunk of Friday trying to get everything straightened out.
They didn't even finish the top, it looks like shit. You can see their boot marks in it and the honeycombing (the holes in the sides) are terrible. On large slabs like this there are some but nothing you should be able to put your finger through.

[Image: 865ea6876d86eb1824e2244d9e197067.jpg]

Is there any way to fix that or is it just fucked?
I HATE PIE!!
My poor baby is sore today. I feel kinda guilty about leaving her to head to work. I have to take her for a cast tomorrow.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:All the kiddos are back to school. Summer's over.

I think every school that hasn't already started around here did today.

Our schools start late here. The kids get 3 days off in October too but they go basically to the last day of June.
NussieT Wrote:We poured a 40 yard grain bin slab on Thursday. I spent a good chunk of Friday trying to get everything straightened out.

Well, in this case it's getting capped with a cork top, an air dryer then a grain bin so it should be fine as long as they made it level. If it was a garage pad, a patio or a driveway, it would be chiselled up and re poured.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:My poor baby is sore today. I feel kinda guilty about leaving her to head to work. I have to take her for a cast tomorrow.

That sucks. My kid and I had heat stroke on Saturday both of us slept close to 14 hours.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I think every school that hasn't already started around here did today.

Our schools start late here. The kids get 3 days off in October too but they go basically to the last day of June.

There's a lot of talk about making schools around here go the full year. They would breaks more spread out through the year. I gotta say that I'd be ok with it when mine starts school. Not like I would get the summer off with her.
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Well, in this case it's getting capped with a cork top, an air dryer then a grain bin so it should be fine as long as they made it level. If it was a garage pad, a patio or a driveway, it would be chiselled up and re poured.

I wondered if it would have to be redone. That would suuuck
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I think every school that hasn't already started around here did today.

There's a lot of talk about making schools around here go the full year. They would breaks more spread out through the year. I gotta say that I'd be ok with it when mine starts school. Not like I would get the summer off with her.

I decided that next summer I am taking a week off and taking my kids on a trip whether Jim comes or not. I'm tired of having to miss stuff because of work. I worked 80 hours+ last week.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I wondered if it would have to be redone. That would suuuck

We've never had to re do a job because it was done poorly on our part. This is the 4th we've had where a contractor has done poor work and tried to blame it on us, both grain bin pads that were poorly finished were the same company. I refuse to bring them anymore
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:My poor baby is sore today. I feel kinda guilty about leaving her to head to work. I have to take her for a cast tomorrow.

That sucks. My kid and I had heat stroke on Saturday both of us slept close to 14 hours.

They put a splint on her and gave her pain meds. She was able to sleep last night. I wanted to sleep, but the stress of it all caught up with me. I watched her fall and that look on her face of sheer pain freaked me out.
I HATE PIE!!
Bwahahaha

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hock...e-penguins

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM