Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday, August 28, 2015 ~ The End
So I walked over to the CIO's office and asked him if he had a minutes. When he said yes I just replied, "I need to give you my notice."

He asked me when my last day would be and I told him the 11th. He wrote it down and said OK.

That was it.

The sad thing is I already know they are not replacing me. They are just going to make the other guys work harder until they eventually let them go. At least 2 of the 4 guys left are interviewing for new jobs as well.
Joe Wrote:So I walked over to the CIO's office and asked him if he had a minutes. When he said yes I just replied, "I need to give you my notice."

He asked me when my last day would be and I told him the 11th. He wrote it down and said OK.

That was it.

The sad thing is I already know they are not replacing me. They are just going to make the other guys work harder until they eventually let them go. At least 2 of the 4 guys left are interviewing for new jobs as well.

That sounds like it'll be a fun place for the next few weeks.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So I walked over to the CIO's office and asked him if he had a minutes. When he said yes I just replied, "I need to give you my notice."

That was it.

That sounds like it'll be a fun place for the next few weeks.

It will probably take a year before they all get let go. I doubt many will stay that long. Some are getting bonuses to stay one year.
We are at the beach in Long Island every Sunday, its about an hour drive each way for us, but totally worth it. We get Non resident family passes for the year for $120

Pete loves the beach we go to also.

September is my favorite month out there, because its free after labor day (no Lifeguards) you can surf all day, brings dogs, due whatever you want. Plus people don't come because to them summer is over Lame

We go out until the first weekend in October, water temps stay in the 70's until then
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Let's just go. Sunday should be a decent day.

The beach for you is like an 8 day drive.

Earlier this week, I ended up in Ocean City MD, it was about 10 hours for me.
But B lives in the middle of no where, so it probably is 8 days for her.

You are only 2-1/2 hours or so away from me depending on traffic. I have beaches within a 35 minute drive of me if I want an in-land lake or, I can be in some part of Lake Huron within 2 hours. I prefer fresh water to ocean water anyway.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Donginator Wrote:We are at the beach in Long Island every Sunday, its about an hour drive each way for us, but totally worth it. We get Non resident family passes for the year for $120

Pete loves the beach we go to also.

September is my favorite month out there, because its free after labor day (no Lifeguards) you can surf all day, brings dogs, due whatever you want. Plus people don't come because to them summer is over Lame

We go out until the first weekend in October, water temps stay in the 70's until then

I don't get that. It can still be warm/hot in Spetember, but people stop going to the fun places. Of course that makes them less crowded....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

You are only 2-1/2 hours or so away from me depending on traffic. I have beaches within a 35 minute drive of me if I want an in-land lake or, I can be in some part of Lake Huron within 2 hours. I prefer fresh water to ocean water anyway.

They do say that in Michigan you're never more than 6 miles from water.

And there's this.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/...-the-ocean
I have to go on the Oregon trail to find a beach. So basically I get bit by a rattlesnake and the rest of the family dies from cholera before we even make it out of Kansas.
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:His paternal side of the family has a history of heart problems. His grandpa died of a heart attack, his grandma, his aunt and his dad all had one. It inevitable that he will have one too. I always tell him to have his heart attack and die already when he gets like this. It seems to ground him.

If Jim kicks the bucket I think I can take over the business.

It's a cut throat, evil business. Jim kicks the bucket, I get the life insurance, sell the business and assets and be done with it.
LeNeve Wrote:I have to go on the Oregon trail to find a beach. So basically I get bit by a rattlesnake and the rest of the family dies from cholera before we even make it out of Kansas.

:roflmao: :roflmao:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

We have a huge lake 1/2 mile from our house in our pit.
Manitoba has over 100,000 lakes, there are about 20 about 45- 1 1/2 drive away.
Ocean water is at minimum at a day and a half drive. I thought for awhile the Arctic Ocean may be the closest. Hudson's Bay runs into the arctic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM