Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bro Code?
This isn't really a "Friend in Need" kind of thing, but I thought I was curious to see your thoughts.

One of my coworkers has become a good friend over the last 2 years I've worked with him. When I say "good friend" I just mean that sometimes he hangs out with Stacy and I on the weekends. Me, him and one other coworker chat on Google Hangouts regularly so we know a good amount of shit about each other. He's been single since I've known him and has been on a few bad dates from some online sites.

I've always been interested in his stories of meeting new women, because it was something that I used to do a lot of. I met Stacy online as well as a bunch of great friends before her so I encouraged him to keep it up even when it didn't seem too promising. A lot of times he'd show me girl's profiles and ask me what I thought of them. That would usually follow with a story about meeting that girl or chatting with her. His latest story was this:(In Yellow)

Yea, so, I have been messaging this chick from Plenty of Fish
Ended up talking to her for 3 hours last night on the phone.

That girl in the Orioles hat?

No...

It's Krissy.....

Krissy as in super crazy stripper ex of mine Krissy?

As in Medical Assistant part time stripper, yes

yea....

Hold on... I have to find words for this....
Ok i have no words...
Make sure you don't remind her that I am alive

She knows I work with you

I was actually hoping she died in a fire or something painful

She said, and I quote "I know that things were really bad at the end, but Joe is a decent guy and I am glad that he is happy with Stacy because he wasn't happy with me"

It's a cliche to say your ex was crazy because everyone says that.
That bitch was fucking crazy
You know that look Corey had when we came bowling? That was my look for 3 years

FYI... Corey is a guy we work with who's wife runs his entire existence. You can tell he fears poking the bear.

So......
No double dates?

Yeah right after you give me your ex wife's number

You can have it
When she was with me, she was nuts
Now she is with her new guy, she is a different person
Her and I were ok for a while and then it just became oil and water
some people just bring out the crazy in others

She will always be single

So that's how I left it and I didn't say anything more. I think it goes without saying that you don't date your friend's ex girlfriends. I can think back to two girls that my friends used to date that contacted me and wanted to go out and I blew that shit off without a thought.

MY buddy is a pretty moral guy so I'm pretty sure he's going to cut it off before it even starts.

It does make me wonder though, is there a rule you go buy that has always been that you don't date any of your friend's exes?
I would think that you telling him that she is batshit crazy would have been enough of a Red Flag to STF Away from the kind of drama.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Guy code is to not date exes, but there's girl code with that same mentality. I wouldn't dare touch the ex of any of my friends. It's just not cool.

Was he joking about the double date thing or is he just stupid?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
I'm not sure if he was joking or if he's actually serious about going out with her. He saw her before in a picture online and told me she was hot so I know he finds her attractive and I know her interest in him just went through the roof now that she knows we are friends.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Joe Wrote:I'm not sure if he was joking or if he's actually serious about going out with her. He saw her before in a picture online and told me she was hot so I know he finds her attractive and I know her interest in him just went through the roof now that she knows we are friends.

I can almost guarantee that.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I would think that you telling him that she is batshit crazy would have been enough of a Red Flag to STF Away from the kind of drama.

I think even if I said she was the greatest girl I've ever dated another guy would know she's off limits.

Bros before Hoes.

He ought to know that it definitely could damage and even end the friendship. To entertain it makes him suck as a friend.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Bros before Hoes.

He ought to know that it definitely could damage and even end the friendship. To entertain it makes him suck as a friend.

Truthfully if I met his ex wife online I'd raz him about it.

For me it's always been VERY off limits. Many many years ago I had a hard core crush on this girl that was a friend of a friend. One of my friends asked her out first and it broke my heart. At some point late in their relationship she told me she liked me and I told her she was off limits. Even long after they broke up another friend who knew her asked me if I still liked her and I told him she was off limits to me.. It's just one of those things ya know.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Bros before Hoes.

Truthfully if I met his ex wife online I'd raz him about it.

For me it's always been VERY off limits. Many many years ago I had a hard core crush on this girl that was a friend of a friend. One of my friends asked her out first and it broke my heart. At some point late in their relationship she told me she liked me and I told her she was off limits. Even long after they broke up another friend who knew her asked me if I still liked her and I told him she was off limits to me.. It's just one of those things ya know.

Oh, I totally get it. I have 3 sisters and many friends... I would not dare consider any of their exes. My relationship/friendship with them is far to valuable to even risk that kind of drama. Plus, I like to know that I don't suck as a person.

Maybe he's just fucking with you, too. Though, if not, she'll use him to try to make you jealous and he'll use her for some tail.
I HATE PIE!!
I would never even consider going out with any of my friends or sisters exes.
I have a friend from high school that refuses to hang out for coffee because he really liked me in high school and he doesn't want to do something he regrets. We are friends on FB but other than the odd Merry Christmas and happy birthday we don't say much to each other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breaking The "Twitter Code" JDubb 0 1,445 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Last Post: JDubb