Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 7/07/2014 - Eww
Monday after a holiday weekend always sucks.
yeah. my freedom boner is no longer raging. Confusedad:
So yeah, this past weekend was my big party weekend. Well, I guess I can stop saying "Big Party" now that it was down to 20 adults and 10 kids. The average age among the adults was probably 55. If it sounds like a bummer really wasn't. For once I had everything setup the day before. When the family arrived the night before I had a fire going out back and was able to relax. I think on Saturday I spent maybe 45 minutes on the grill before shutting it off for the day to hang out. It was great just being able to hang out and play horseshoes and washers (an impossible game) with the family and friends.

I'm kinda ready to do it again. I'm gonna have to play the lottery so I can fly everyone over for a DBN BBQ.
Joe Wrote:So yeah, this past weekend was my big party weekend. Well, I guess I can stop saying "Big Party" now that it was down to 20 adults and 10 kids. The average age among the adults was probably 55. If it sounds like a bummer really wasn't. For once I had everything setup the day before. When the family arrived the night before I had a fire going out back and was able to relax. I think on Saturday I spent maybe 45 minutes on the grill before shutting it off for the day to hang out. It was great just being able to hang out and play horseshoes and washers (an impossible game) with the family and friends.

I'm kinda ready to do it again. I'm gonna have to play the lottery so I can fly everyone over for a DBN BBQ.

sounds like a perfectly chill party this year. :high5:
Joe Wrote:So yeah, this past weekend was my big party weekend. Well, I guess I can stop saying "Big Party" now that it was down to 20 adults and 10 kids. The average age among the adults was probably 55. If it sounds like a bummer really wasn't. For once I had everything setup the day before. When the family arrived the night before I had a fire going out back and was able to relax. I think on Saturday I spent maybe 45 minutes on the grill before shutting it off for the day to hang out. It was great just being able to hang out and play horseshoes and washers (an impossible game) with the family and friends.

I like have a smaller amount of people parties. it gives you more free time to sit down and relax with your guests. We are having a bbq on August Long at our pit. We will have the boat & skis on the lake. Everyone is camping over and since I'm being extremely lazy we are getting all the food catered in and an open bar.
Catered party would be pretty bad ass, but in order for me to do that I'd have to charge a cover. Right now it's good because everyone brings a salad or something. I didn't have to spend a ton on stuff this year, but I also shopped light for everything except alcohol. I have a ton of beer and liquor left over.
Joe Wrote:Monday after a holiday weekend always sucks.

I completely agree
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
why do mosqiuototos only bite my ankles. :flame:
skeeter bites
I took an 18 pack of MGD to my Mom's Friday. I finished the last one at 3AM then went home.

So, no drama this year? Nice. I should have grabbed the baby and skipped town to come out. I just read that there's some Sesame Street theme park outsid eof Philadelphia and I think I need to take her to it someday.

Relaxing was something I did not get to do this weekend.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

So, no drama this year? Nice. I should have grabbed the baby and skipped town to come out. I just read that there's some Sesame Street theme park outsid eof Philadelphia and I think I need to take her to it someday.

Relaxing was something I did not get to do this weekend.

Oh yeah Sesame Place. I forgot that place was still there.

Yeah there was nearly no drama at all. My dog did nip my friend's little girl in the arm, but it turned out she decided to wake the dog up which is never a good idea. I came out of the house in a panic and was afraid he was going to get pissed, but when I told him he asked if there was blood and when I said no he asked me why I was so freaked out.
I think I have a case of the Mondays.
I don't think the bird is ok.

[youtube]LXbtJvhtCZo[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:I think I have a case of the Mondays.

truck full of them. Confusedad:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT