Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday May 19, 2014... Post race weekend
Started off cold and shitty, turned out to be awesome. Practice saturday was cold, but managed to be within a few hundredths of my personal best time. Thinking that was a pretty good start to the season. Sunday race 1, blinding start from row 3, near front of the pack, go to shift into second, and stuck in neutral, and couldnt get it in gear. As I'm struggling I get to watch 20 guys go past me. FUCK!! finally found the gear and managed to work my way back up to 8th. Race 2, decided to alter my start procedure to hopefully eliminate the problem, another great start, was in 3rd for the first 5 laps. I knew the guy behind me was close, I could hear him coming, finally he gets by me (he is on a 1000cc, I ride a 600), I simply got out motored. I had to pace to catch him, but knew that I couldnt use motor to do it, had to out brake him, I was taking little piece out, but just not enough before the end of the race. 4th place finish, with a new personal best lap time by a full second. Being in the Expert class is tough, these guys are wicked fast, and will take every opportunity to pass, make even a minor mistake and someone is taking advantage of it. Overall it was hella fun
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:Started off cold and shitty, turned out to be awesome. Practice saturday was cold, but managed to be within a few hundredths of my personal best time. Thinking that was a pretty good start to the season. Sunday race 1, blinding start from row 3, near front of the pack, go to shift into second, and stuck in neutral, and couldnt get it in gear. As I'm struggling I get to watch 20 guys go past me. FUCK!! finally found the gear and managed to work my way back up to 8th. Race 2, decided to alter my start procedure to hopefully eliminate the problem, another great start, was in 3rd for the first 5 laps. I knew the guy behind me was close, I could hear him coming, finally he gets by me (he is on a 1000cc, I ride a 600), I simply got out motored. I had to pace to catch him, but knew that I couldnt use motor to do it, had to out brake him, I was taking little piece out, but just not enough before the end of the race. 4th place finish, with a new personal best lap time by a full second. Being in the Expert class is tough, these guys are wicked fast, and will take every opportunity to pass, make even a minor mistake and someone is taking advantage of it. Overall it was hella fun

:high5:

When wil we started seeing some trophies?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
[Image: a3yza4ab.jpg]

View of where I spent the weekend.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
[Image: u5u4ygu8.jpg]

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
I HATE PIE!!
These poor kids:
the Craziest Baby Names of 2013

Girls' Names (the number is how many kids got those names according to Social Sec Admin)

Vanellope, 63
Pistol, 9
Charlemagne, 6
Ransom, 5
Rebelle, 5

Boys' Names

Tuf, 8
Psalms, 7
Forever, 6
Kyndle, 6
Subaru, 5
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:Started off cold and shitty, turned out to be awesome. Practice saturday was cold, but managed to be within a few hundredths of my personal best time. Thinking that was a pretty good start to the season. Sunday race 1, blinding start from row 3, near front of the pack, go to shift into second, and stuck in neutral, and couldnt get it in gear. As I'm struggling I get to watch 20 guys go past me. FUCK!! finally found the gear and managed to work my way back up to 8th. Race 2, decided to alter my start procedure to hopefully eliminate the problem, another great start, was in 3rd for the first 5 laps. I knew the guy behind me was close, I could hear him coming, finally he gets by me (he is on a 1000cc, I ride a 600), I simply got out motored. I had to pace to catch him, but knew that I couldnt use motor to do it, had to out brake him, I was taking little piece out, but just not enough before the end of the race. 4th place finish, with a new personal best lap time by a full second. Being in the Expert class is tough, these guys are wicked fast, and will take every opportunity to pass, make even a minor mistake and someone is taking advantage of it. Overall it was hella fun

:high5:

When wil we started seeing some trophies?
I dont know, hopefully soon. The guys in the Expert class are good and fast. This will probably be more of a learning year
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:I dont know, hopefully soon. The guys in the Expert class are good and fast. This will probably be more of a learning year

Well, the way you are placing... not last.. it seems like you can't be too far off.
I HATE PIE!!
At wilkind hyandai and subaru, they have kids named subaru
missing gears doesn't bring home trophies fool. go do 50 push ups and think about your life. or something
Who wants finger blasted?

[Image: e3a4epy6.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:Who wants finger blasted?

[Image: e3a4epy6.jpg]

:eek:

:barf:
I HATE PIE!!
It's the 40th anniversary of the Rubik's Cube. Google has one up to solve.
I HATE PIE!!
Suddenly having my thumb slammed in a car door doesn't seem so bad...

Are we on a new page yet?
Now?
:barf:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT