Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday 1/29/2014 - Damn it's only Wednesday??
NussieT Wrote:Our newest hire just asked Jim for a pay check. He worked a week. I am in such a mood today that if I hear one person ask for a god damn pay check I am firing them. I don't care what Jim says,

I still can't believe they think it's ok to ask for a pay check early.
I guess once precedent has been set, and they know they can, it'll be hard to stop it.

You don't have direct deposit?
Confusedad: I wanted to get fired.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Our newest hire just asked Jim for a pay check. He worked a week. I am in such a mood today that if I hear one person ask for a god damn pay check I am firing them. I don't care what Jim says,

I guess once precedent has been set, and they know they can, it'll be hard to stop it.

I drives me absolutely insane. You work for anyone else they'd laugh in your face and possibly fire you.

We used to have direct deposit but the payroll company needs the money a week in advance so they can move it around in their system. They forgot to move it around once and payday was over a weekend, it wasn't pretty because I couldn't cut a cheque because the payroll company had the money and I couldn't get a hold of the payroll company because it was a weekend. That's the day we realized it's better if I just cut the cheques.
we all ask for an advance every week here. Trying to annoy the secreatary enough so she switches back to weekly pay checks. Thats our plan anyway.
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I drives me absolutely insane. You work for anyone else they'd laugh in your face and possibly fire you.

We used to have direct deposit but the payroll company needs the money a week in advance so they can move it around in their system. They forgot to move it around once and payday was over a weekend, it wasn't pretty because I couldn't cut a cheque because the payroll company had the money and I couldn't get a hold of the payroll company because it was a weekend. That's the day we realized it's better if I just cut the cheques.

My full time job doesn't have direct deposit, I wish they would.
I hate going to the bank every week.
So, until they get it, I just don't clock out when I go. I'm pretty sure they know.
Someone broke into one of the convienience stores in town. They were smart about it though. It happened around 3am. We finish hauling snow around 245 and I'm the only one that uses the dump site on that side of town but I never go back through town I always take the highway back to our shop. Everyone in town knows the cops switch from on shift to on call at 3am so they do one final patrol of the entire town shortly after 2 then you never see them again.
The store is on the corner of two major streets but if you park halfway between the building no one can see you and the oddest thing ever is there is a window on that side too. Easy in and easy out.
Chip Wrote:My full time job doesn't have direct deposit, I wish they would.
I hate going to the bank every week.
So, until they get it, I just don't clock out when I go. I'm pretty sure they know.

If any one of my employees asked me to email their pay stub and wirelessly transfer their money from our account to theirs i could, no one has asked before
NussieT Wrote:Someone broke into one of the convienience stores in town. They were smart about it though. It happened around 3am. We finish hauling snow around 245 and I'm the only one that uses the dump site on that side of town but I never go back through town I always take the highway back to our shop. Everyone in town knows the cops switch from on shift to on call at 3am so they do one final patrol of the entire town shortly after 2 then you never see them again.
The store is on the corner of two major streets but if you park halfway between the building no one can see you and the oddest thing ever is there is a window on that side too. Easy in and easy out.

This post makes it seem like you've thought about this a lot.
Chip Wrote:This is cool. But it's not $190 cool.

http://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/167595383...ulsfg=true

Who would wear that though.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

:high5:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Someone broke into one of the convienience stores in town. They were smart about it though. It happened around 3am. We finish hauling snow around 245 and I'm the only one that uses the dump site on that side of town but I never go back through town I always take the highway back to our shop. Everyone in town knows the cops switch from on shift to on call at 3am so they do one final patrol of the entire town shortly after 2 then you never see them again.

This post makes it seem like you've thought about this a lot.

We talked about it on overnights last night. It happened on Tuesday morning.
Also, if something happens in this town it happens between 3-5 am. For the longest time there was a huge ejaculating penis spray painted on the main drag.
NussieT Wrote:I drives me absolutely insane. You work for anyone else they'd laugh in your face and possibly fire you.

Jim needs to quit being such a pushover. You can't let them walk all over you guys like that.
I HATE PIE!!
the ejaculating penis spray paint bandits. awesome :roflmao:
LeNeve Wrote:we all ask for an advance every week here. Trying to annoy the secreatary enough so she switches back to weekly pay checks. Thats our plan anyway.

I absolutely hate bi-weekly pay.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:we all ask for an advance every week here. Trying to annoy the secreatary enough so she switches back to weekly pay checks. Thats our plan anyway.

I absolutely hate bi-weekly pay.

it's so much easier to budget for one week, and stay on that budget than it is trying to stretch shit out for 2 weeks. plus I get burned out by the time my check comes. i work harder when i get gratification sooner. nam sayin?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM