Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 10/08 - Daily Thread
LeNeve Wrote:In 1935 here are some of the training Questions. I have a copy of the Henry Ford Trade School Auto Mechanics training manual. Copyright 1935 in Dearborn. They must have gone to several Factories and the Assembly plant. I will enter some of the questions. Remember 1935.. Most of the questions are essay type. And NO I don't have all the answers.....
1.. List two purposes of the Torque tube?
2.. What are the advantages of a Transverse spring?
3.. How would pulling out the throttle button affect a running engine?
4.. How much power is lost overcoming friction of the moving parts of a car traveling at 40 MPH?
5.. Is it possible for the second speed main shaft gear to remain motionless when the main drive gear is rotating? Explain?
6.. What are the 5 reasons for changing the charging rate of the Generator?
7.. What are the four ways to starting an engine?
8.. What is the piston speed in feet per second at 3600 RPM and a 6 inch Stroke?
9.. Gas was bought for 12 cents a Gallon and sold for 4 cents a Quart. How much profit was made on 6 Gallons?
10.. Is the driver of the car behind the one in front of you usually careful?
EXTRA CREDIT.. What are the five main ingredients to make Ford Safety Glass?
I cannot answer those, except 9. that would be 24 cents
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
LeNeve Wrote:In 1935 here are some of the training Questions. I have a copy of the Henry Ford Trade School Auto Mechanics training manual. Copyright 1935 in Dearborn. They must have gone to several Factories and the Assembly plant. I will enter some of the questions. Remember 1935.. Most of the questions are essay type. And NO I don't have all the answers.....
4.. How much power is lost overcoming friction of the moving parts of a car traveling at 40 MPH?
5.. Is it possible for the second speed main shaft gear to remain motionless when the main drive gear is rotating? Explain?
8.. What is the piston speed in feet per second at 3600 RPM and a 6 inch Stroke?
9.. Gas was bought for 12 cents a Gallon and sold for 4 cents a Quart. How much profit was made on 6 Gallons?
I'd never pass...
Derick Wrote:University of North Dakota went through something similar a number of years back. They wanted to change the name from the Fighting Sioux. After years of legal battles, and support from the tribe, they are allowed to keep the name.

The hockey team can't use the name in tournaments though.
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:University of North Dakota went through something similar a number of years back. They wanted to change the name from the Fighting Sioux. After years of legal battles, and support from the tribe, they are allowed to keep the name.

correct, although they are allowed to keep the emblems in the stadium. since there are roughly 1100 of them
Derick Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

correct, although they are allowed to keep the emblems in the stadium. since there are roughly 1100 of them

Well, it turns out they did get rid of "Fighting Sioux" all together.
They don't have a mascot right now.

Due to the NCAA's perception that the term "Fighting Sioux" and the accompanying logo are offensive to American Indians, the NCAA pressured the university to discontinue use of the logo, including threatening the forfeit of post-season games if UND athletes, cheerleaders, or band members wear attire with the Fighting Sioux nickname or Native American head logo.[1] In June 2012 the people of North Dakota voted to allow the University to drop the nickname and on June 14, 2012, the state Board of Higher Education voted to discontinue the use of the University of North Dakota's moniker and Indian head logo. State law prohibits the university from adopting a new team name until 2015.
Chip Wrote:

Fuck you Ford.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
yeah. shit was all hard back in the day.
#1 apply torque to the frame ,isolate drive shaft from the elements.
#2 more ridged frame with less chance of rollover .
#3 increase idle speed
#6 under charge , over charge , fuel mileage , burning out light bulbs , power output ,
#7 electric , hand crank ,drift start ,compressed air .
My brother in laws girlfriend had to go back to work because she's knocked up again and in order to get maternity leave benefits she needs to work 400 full time hours before leaving again.
She decided she was too important to go back to work at Subway & Tim Hortons like she was doing so she goes and gets a job at Staples in the copy center.
She worked 6 shifts and basically got fired.
LeNeve Wrote:#7 electric , hand crank ,drift start ,compressed air .
huh?
3.. How would pulling out the throttle button affect a running engine? it would speed up the engine
4.. How much power is lost overcoming friction of the moving parts of a car traveling at 40 MPH? 15%
6.. What are the 5 reasons for changing the charging rate of the Generator? so you don't overcharge the system (6 volt system)
7.. What are the four ways to starting an engine? push start, hand crank, electric crank, not sure
8.. What is the piston speed in feet per second at 3600 RPM and a 6 inch Stroke? 30
9.. Gas was bought for 12 cents a Gallon and sold for 4 cents a Quart. How much profit was made on 6 Gallons? 24 cents (imperial gallons)
10.. Is the driver of the car behind the one in front of you usually careful? Yes
Chip Wrote:

However, from what I know of this, the guy who paid for their arena said that they cant keep the arena if they change the name
Derick Wrote:
huh?
like using ether
Derick Wrote:
huh?

air powered starter motor. I've actually used them before, on big industrial engines. like v-16 caterpillars. shit like that.
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

However, from what I know of this, the guy who paid for their arena said that they cant keep the arena if they change the name
Correct
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

apparently there was an agreement with the foundation, that they have to remove the signs that say "home of the fighting sioux", but they can keep the emblems, they also built a memorial wall or some shit. The arena is not owned by the school, its leased

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Tuesday 7/26/16 - What? LeNeve 7 748 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM
  Tuesday, 7/19/2016 ~ Late Beckster 1 469 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Last Post: LeNeve