Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for Christians
Hondo Wrote:TL/DR.

Seriously. I'm not a fan of religion at all. A look back through history shows that a whole lot of bad things have been done in the name of religion...and it isn't any different now.

On the other hand I'm a huge proponent of spirituality. My relationship with God is one that is based on what I think Jesus said and my personal experiences. It's between the Trinity and me. I know what I know and believe what I believe. I don't force any of it on anyone and will not allow anyone to force anything on me.

I'm also a big fan of Pascal's Wager. I know where my bet lies.

While I agree with you, I think it's also fair to point out that if people didn't have religion "as a reason" to do those bad things, they would have found another reason. I kind of think it's like blaming violence on TV and video games. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

A lot of people seem to miss the point of religion. It's not about "the church", it's about being a good person.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50 Interview Questions Joe 1 1,334 05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  13 questions to ask — and win over — the job recruiter Joe 4 2,337 01-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Last Post: DaveP
  The 25 most difficult questions you'll be asked on a job int Joe 4 2,531 09-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Perezident