Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employees...
I feel a need to go on a rant about my damn employees....

1) Paydays are the 15th & 30/31st of every month... I need the hours submitted 5 days early so I can have the pay checks completed. Just because you know the paychecks are done doesn't mean you can bombard me with "I need my pay check early, I have bills to pay" text messages.

2) When I ask you to do something, you fucking do it. If I tell you to stop doing something, then you fucking stop. I don't understand why this is so hard...

3) I'm not a taxi cab nor is my car available at your disposal. We have a car you can lease... you had it at one time but apparently it's not good enough for you

4) I trust you enough to run my equipment so I am trusting you with being honest in submitting your work hours. When you tell me you worked 12 hours in the shop when my calendar says you had the day off... pisses me off.

5) Don't whine for more hours, then complain that the jobs we are giving you are too difficult or you have to babysit or have drs appointments

and I will close my rant with.. If you don't fucking like my damn rules.. then quit.

Ah! I feel a bit better now. .
1) I had to deal with that shit all of the time at the pickle plant. I needed the managers to verify and approve of hours, but they never wanted to take the time. People would "forget" to give me vacation slips, too. So Annoying.

2) Maybe you need to whip them harder. :wink:

3) I would never be THAT generous.

4) You need to make them check in when they start their shift and check out when they are done, so you can log their hours for them.

5) My ex works for you??????
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
#4 should be getting people fired.
Chip Wrote:#4 should be getting people fired.

Yeah. Really. If its truly that bad. Cut them loose.
Sounds like your employees need a supervisor around 24/7. Some people do need that, and they make decent employees. It sounds like you need some very self motivated people with your business though. Also sounds like they may be taking advantage of you on a friendship based thing.
1. If you can't properly submit you hours, you won't get paid, period. Your checks are not coming early, your poor money management is not my problem.

2. If you can't follow the rules, don't expect to be paid

3. If you can not get to work, on time, don't expect to be paid, or have a job

4. If you can't submit your hours properly, don't expect to be paid properly. If you submit hours you didn't work, don't expect to have a job.

5. Whining will get you the worst job I have that day.

It really pretty simple. When money is involved, people either follow the rules or suffer the consequences.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:1. If you can't properly submit you hours, you won't get paid, period. Your checks are not coming early, your poor money management is not my problem.

2. If you can't follow the rules, don't expect to be paid

3. If you can not get to work, on time, don't expect to be paid, or have a job

4. If you can't submit your hours properly, don't expect to be paid properly. If you submit hours you didn't work, don't expect to have a job.

5. Whining will get you the worst job I have that day.

It really pretty simple. When money is involved, people either follow the rules or suffer the consequences.

I am with this homo

sent from a steak giving a bloody BJ.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I'm going to have to agree with Derick. I can't believe these people still have jobs.
Joe Wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Derick. I can't believe these people still have jobs.

The upside to having a high unemployment rate is that there are plenty of good workers out there who would love a good job.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Derick. I can't believe these people still have jobs.

The upside to having a high unemployment rate is that there are plenty of good workers out there who would love a good job.
I was nice to let her leave for 6 weeks so she can go on holidays/vacation in Australia last winter. We had another employee sit there and he hated it. He won't even fill in for a day. We had another person sit there when my employee was in a car accident. He lasted 4 hours.
While I am sure they are just lazy unmotivated employees, I would like to observe the entire work situation.

T seems like a slave driver, and are they making good money? Are you asking them to work past their normal schedule?

Let's face it, if you are stuck in a shitty job with an asshole boss, you are not going to give your all.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:While I am sure they are just lazy unmotivated employees, I would like to observe the entire work situation.

T seems like a slave driver, and are they making good money? Are you asking them to work past their normal schedule?

Let's face it, if you are stuck in a shitty job with an asshole boss, you are not going to give your all.

:roflmao:

T doesn't want her money going to support monsters either.

[youtube]f9OT0HTauKU[/youtube]
Since Pete called me a slave driver I'll explain in more detail what I expect out of my employees and a small breakdown.

-Employee A was hired as a temporary test trial position that worked really well for our recycle customer. They set the hours out. My employee from the beginning was advised its Monday to Saturday. 9am - 3pm. She gets an hour off for lunch every day and she gets paid $10.25/hour Her duties are to ensure only recyclable material is being dropped off, to make sure there is no recycables in the ditch, in the bush and on the customers property.
I don't find a need to babysit her since the things she has to do is quite simple. I've told her I don't care what you do while you are here as long as what I ask of you gets done.
But... when I get a call from a customer saying there is paper flying all the way down the highway and she is sitting with a friend talking when I stop by, when I've told you 50 million times household windows are considered household waste and need to go to the transfer station. When she asked for more hours so she can buy her boyfriend a ticket to Canada for a visit at Christmastime but complains about the work we are giving her, or she's too busy. I get mad. It's truly not hard, it's just boring.
She was in an accident in February and went missing for 3 days. We finally left a message with her brother saying if she didn't show up or call us. She was fired.

Employee B. He is a labourer and a driver. He gets paid $14/hr working in the shop and 20% of every transportation job he does. He works Monday to Friday and the hours vary. He has no motivation and someone has to basically sit with him to keep him on task because he gets distracted. He has taken the last two Fridays off because he was "too tired" stating we were working him too hard, he didn't even have 80 hours. He worked from 4am -10am yesterday because he is moving this weekend and is off the rest of the week because his son is having surgery today. He records his own hours and submits them. I wrote the whole 12 hour on a day off thing as a mistake hoping that's what it was (I doubt it though). Jim said he dealt with it but I have no idea what was done. If it happens again, we will either fire him or implement a time clock.

I hate confrontation so I avoid it. If there are issues that need addressing I wait until Jim pisses me off and then go deal with them or I send Jim himself. We are both pretty laid back on our employees. If they want something we will see if we can accomodate it.
I have a similar issue. On Friday I posted some information on the window regarding a policy change. I also placed in everyone's mailbox a note saying read the information on the window (they are right next to each other). I also talked to everyone to make sure they understood. Yesterday we had a refresher course on the same info. Today there are still 2 people not following along. Those 2 will not have their paperwork submitted until it is correct. They will not get paid for yesterday until it is correct.

Here is the sign posted

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:I have a similar issue. On Friday I posted some information on the window regarding a policy change. I also placed in everyone's mailbox a note saying read the information on the window (they are right next to each other). I also talked to everyone to make sure they understood. Yesterday we had a refresher course on the same info. Today there are still 2 people not following along. Those 2 will not have their paperwork submitted until it is correct. They will not get paid for yesterday until it is correct.

Here is the sign posted

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

"What's this I hear about you having trouble with your TPS reports?"
"Yeah, didn't you get the memo?"