Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music downloading
I keep forgetting to post this.

So here is my issue. My ipod won't play itunes music in my car, only the mp3 files added from CD's I have burned to my laptop, put in itunes and added to the ipod. As a result, I say FUCK ITUNES and paying for music.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to change itunes files to mp3's so I can use the 100 songs I have already paid for?

2. What is the best FREE music download service out there that is also virus free with CD quality music? Or is there a decent pay sight that makes the files MP3?

links please.

Thanks

Pete Nice
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
http://www.playlist.com
1. Search artist and song, a list will be generated
2. Look through the list to find the one you want and click "Visit Site"
2. A url will be displayed where the file is located. Copy & paste that location into your browser. The address will end in ".mp3"
3. Depending on how your browser is set to handle audio files, the file will either be played in windows media player, or hopefully a download file window will open. Save the file.

Its a pia, but it's free. I've never had a virus issue with the files and the audio quality is decent, uh...I mean "dece."
Brian in NY Wrote:http://www.playlist.com
2. A url will be displayed where the file is located. Copy & paste that location into your browser. The address will end in ".mp3"
3. Depending on how your browser is set to handle audio files, the file will either be played in windows media player, or hopefully a download file window will open. Save the file.

Its a pia, but it's free. I've never had a virus issue with the files and the audio quality is decent, uh...I mean "dece."
I use that sight a lot. Found it a month ago.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Brian in NY Wrote:http://www.playlist.com

It opened a browser window with the song playing in quicktime. Tried using download helper, but it never seemed to get started. Any ideas?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Never mind, it worked.

Pete Nice Wrote:It opened a browser window with the song playing in quicktime. Tried using download helper, but it never seemed to get started. Any ideas?
If you're using Firefox: go to Tools.....Options.....Applications......Scroll down till you find MP3 audio file on the list.....Under Action, change it from Quicktime plug-in to save file. There are 2 MP3 files listed, change them both.
Pete Nice Wrote:Never mind, it worked.
Oh, okay. :rock:
How do you change the folder the firefox save option send the file to?

Pete Nice Wrote:How do you change the folder the firefox save option send the file to?
Tools......Options......Main.......Under "Downloads" make sure that "Ask me where to save files" is checked.

If you're using Vista, you'll have to change the default setting in Windows for where you want to save all downloads to. I forgot where that setting is though.
I have gotten into a comfort zone with it already. downloaded about 50 songs last night. Great stuff.

You could always just also download an entire cd off of a torrents site.
"If it wasn't for his jerky, he(Jerkoff Man) wouldn't be my friend." - Rich Davis

"Considering you(C&R) call everyone legend, that label doesn't mean a damn thing." - Sami J

Davis' October Dudebro #14