Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP IrishBen
Today, “Irish” Ben Corbitt, a good friend, and an active member of the Covino & Rich family, passed away due to complications from a recent accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this time.

We know that many other Covino & Rich friends and listeners have interacted with Ben over the past several years. In his honor, we’d like to make a group donation on behalf of you guys and the show.

Please click the donate button below to add to the collection in memory of Irish Ben. Whatever you can contribute is greatly appreciated.

http://www.covinoandrich.com/remembering-a-dudebro
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
what?
According to his Facebook page he was in a head-on car crash in which he broke his sternum and bruised his lungs. He was released from the hospital on Monday....looks like they missed something. Confusedwoot:
My girlfriend is a trauma nurse. When I told her what had happened she immediately said this was the likely cause:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_tamponade">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_tamponade</a><!-- m -->

She said this is very common in these types of injuries. Ben's last post on Facebook yesterday talked about how painful breathing was. He should have gone straight back to the ER. This kind of thing is very treatable...someone dropped the ball on him. Sad
The family said it was a respiratory complication. Not sure if that is the same as what Hondo posted or not.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
My mother in law who is a paramedic said heart couldn't handle the trama. It happens a lot in major crashes.
It's so sad, he was really close to his brother and he got married not that long ago
Oh damn, he's hasn't been married all that long either. Confusedad:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
We chatted periodically on Facebook and text. A few days after I read of his accident I just felt led to give him a call. it was the 1st time that we had ever talked on the phone.
We had a common bond with our faith & spoke briefly as I could tell that he was not feeling well. I'm so glad I did.
My suggestion to you is that when you feel the urge to call or visit someone, you may want to act on it because you just never know. Life is precious and it's just racing right past us. It doesn't matter how bad you think things are, or can be, look around & be thankful for life.
Here is my last conversation with Ben...

[Image: jy5utype.jpg]
[Image: 3e4u4y2u.jpg]
[Image: aja8y3ev.jpg]
[Image: uhyjymyv.jpg]
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Confusedad:
What a horrible story.