Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Technology Hurt?
Will libraries be obsolete in the near future???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:Will libraries be obsolete in the near future???

Yes, unless they turn them into more than libraries. They can't survive on books alone. Throwing a coffee shop inside wouldn't hurt either.
I hope not, my wife directly interfaces with libraries.
I still don't see the need for my daughter to have a cell until she's older. I will always know who she is with at all times and I will have their numbers, should I need to reach them. I stand firm on waiting until she is much older and able to babysit or whatever to help pay for it.

I see no reason to put her on computers in these early, early years. I will allow her on them, while I or her dad sit with her later on. And she will never be allowed unsupervised access. I want her outside playing and enjoying that.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I still don't see the need for my daughter to have a cell until she's older. I will always know who she is with at all times and I will have their numbers, should I need to reach them. I stand firm on waiting until she is much older and able to babysit or whatever to help pay for it.

I see no reason to put her on computers in these early, early years. I will allow her on them, while I or her dad sit with her later on. And she will never be allowed unsupervised access. I want her outside playing and enjoying that.
[Image: 2epy7usu.jpg]
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
JDubb Wrote:
I hope not, my wife directly interfaces with libraries.
No way. One would assume that newspapers would be a thing of the past but I get bundles of that stuff all the time. The library here is constantly recycling things that are outdated and getting new stuff in.
eddieyourdj Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I still don't see the need for my daughter to have a cell until she's older. I will always know who she is with at all times and I will have their numbers, should I need to reach them. I stand firm on waiting until she is much older and able to babysit or whatever to help pay for it.

[Image: 2epy7usu.jpg]

Hey, my goal is to have an active child, not a coach potato.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
We do let our daughters watch TV but only a limited amount. I don't think there is anything wrong with them watching cartoons or what have you. I think they get maybe an hour a day but that's about it unless we are watching a movie as a family.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Gaming Gadgets That Will Make Us Hurt Ourselves Joe 1 1,230 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice