Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday 4-10-13 Pens clinch the Atlantic!!!
Derick Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:question for everyone
Would you rather have a straight forward 9-5 job, work late some days, with the occasional travel to clients
Or
work a job where the hours change everyday, work weekends, more travel, but the pay is pretty good?
hows the pay on the first? I would much prefer a job where the hours are constant. Life is not about work, but what you do outside of work, having consistant hours help with that
pay is a lot better on the 2nd, I am currently at job #1 with no travel & my pay sucks.

went for a interview yesterday where I felt they were trying to discourage me to want the position because they explained the position to be like job #2
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So one of my neighbors felt my girlfriend was driving too fast though my development. He slammed on his brakes in front of his house and started yelling back at her. I saw her turn onto my street so I knew he was full of shit.

That lead to a shouting match between me and him. His phrase of the argument the entire time was, "You better shut your mouth.". He never answered why though.

No big loss in friendship though. That guys has talked to me twice in 7 years.

A few hours later I honked the horn and waved to him. He didn't seem amused.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
All streets in town running north/south have no stop signs except for where they meet the main streets. People speed past our house all the time, even the garbage truck.

She doesn't speed though. He said she speeds past the bus stop which is total bullshit because she only comes over on the weekends and Tuesday nights well after the bus stops have cleared out.

Some people like to complain for the sake of complaining.
Joe Wrote:
Would you rather have a straight forward 9-5 job, work late some days, with the occasional travel to clients
Or
work a job where the hours change everyday, work weekends, more travel, but the pay is pretty good?

9-5 unless the pay was 15k more at least.

15k more would sell you. It will probably be 20K-30K more from what I make now, but I am going to continue my search for something else, any other job I find it will be more than I make now. plus my commute goes from 15-20 minutes of no traffic to 30-40 minutes with traffic everyday
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So one of my neighbors felt my girlfriend was driving too fast though my development. He slammed on his brakes in front of his house and started yelling back at her. I saw her turn onto my street so I knew he was full of shit.

That lead to a shouting match between me and him. His phrase of the argument the entire time was, "You better shut your mouth.". He never answered why though.

No big loss in friendship though. That guys has talked to me twice in 7 years.

A few hours later I honked the horn and waved to him. He didn't seem amused.

All streets in town running north/south have no stop signs except for where they meet the main streets. People speed past our house all the time, even the garbage truck.

She doesn't speed though. He said she speeds past the bus stop which is total bullshit because she only comes over on the weekends and Tuesday nights well after the bus stops have cleared out.

Most people like to complain for the sake of complaining.
Fixed
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Or

I've always worked the 9-5 kind of job.
Sometimes I wonder if I'd like changing hours.
When I get a day off during the week, it's like a holiday for me, I love it.
if its truely 20-30 more, you'd be dumb to pass that up
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:if its truely 20-30 more, you'd be dumb to pass that up
any position I find outside of the one I have now will be 10-25K more

I wasn't offered the position, I am doing the what-if my interview went better
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Chip Wrote:
Or

I've always worked the 9-5 kind of job.
Sometimes I wonder if I'd like changing hours.
When I get a day off during the week, it's like a holiday for me, I love it.
same here, plus after working weekends my entire highs chool & college career. I value my weekends a lot more.
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Or

15k more would sell you. It will probably be 20K-30K more from what I make now, but I am going to continue my search for something else, any other job I find it will be more than I make now. plus my commute goes from 15-20 minutes of no traffic to 30-40 minutes with traffic everyday

My commute has always been around 40 minutes.
I actually enjoy it. It gives me a excuse to just sit there and listen to music and not have to do anything else.
The down side is I drive so much, I put a ton of miles on my car.
I'm with the homos that put in the 8 hours and go home and do fun stuff.
although for 30k more a year, sign me up for whatever. except pillow biting type stuff.
LeNeve Wrote:although for 30k more a year, sign me up for whatever. except pillow biting type stuff.
for the money you'd probably do that too
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:although for 30k more a year, sign me up for whatever. except pillow biting type stuff.
for the money you'd probably do that too

for 100k I'll even spill some refried beans on the center conole
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Or

My commute has always been around 40 minutes.
I actually enjoy it. It gives me a excuse to just sit there and listen to music and not have to do anything else.
The down side is I drive so much, I put a ton of miles on my car.

I used to commute 45 minutes, I liked it because if I had a bad day at work by the time I got home I was usually mellowed out. The only part that sucked was if I was tired it was struggle to stay awake
checking in a used impala now. AKA doing donuts and burn outs and shit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM