Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF?!
A friend sent me this link. Apparently they are planning on putting people under quarantine for swine flu.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www2a.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/Facility%20Quarantine%20Order%20novelflu%20filled%20in%204-30-09.pdf">http://www2a.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/Facility ... -30-09.pdf</a><!-- m -->

How does 2009 H1N1 flu compare to seasonal flu in terms of its severity and infection rates?
With seasonal flu, we know that seasons vary in terms of timing, duration and severity. Seasonal influenza can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. Each year, in the United States, on average 36,000 people die from flu-related complications and more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu-related causes.

I think there were only a few deaths worldwide from swine flu. They hardly seem justified in ordering people out of their homes and locking them up for this.
Good post. I will think this over, and elaborate in the morning, work permitting.
Just something for the media to harp on like Ben.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Just something for the media to harp on like Ben.
You can go to cdc.gov and type quarantine order in the search bar and it comes up. It's not some made up news story. They passed it. It's not suprising that it's not being covered by the news. The michael jackson movie and chloe kardashian getting married are more important
I would love to quarantine a few people around here... This flu that's traveling around my plant is some nasty shit. I got woke up at 5 this morning because half the production line called in sick. (Mind you I am NOT a manager, that's how this place work... Becky gets the job done, so call her)

FYI - I am hitting that Airborne stuff hardcore and I will know in a day or so if it's helped me dodge this crap. I highly recommend that stuff!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I had to go into Albert Einstein Hospital earlier this morning for work and they had a sign on the door about flu like symptoms saying, if you have them, don't come into the hospital without a mask.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I had to go into Albert Einstein Hospital earlier this morning for work and they had a sign on the door about flu like symptoms saying, if you have them, don't come into the hospital without a mask.

It's actually a frightening scenario when you think about it. I am imagining whole building draped in plastic like in I am Legend.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!