Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 3/5/13 Are we sure it is March?
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:cAble company hooked my fiber optics up yesterday. Good news, I have a 15 down, 5 up internet speed at my house now. Bad news, I have to use cable boxes for my tvs now, and its annoying. I hate having the extra box just hanging out there looking all stupid.

Welcome to the year 1990.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Fios is starting to offer 75-100 down 50 up here

I have 75/50 through Fios at home. They have one that is even higher, 150/75 I think.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:snowpacolypse is starting

Storm of the Century of the week...

they said it's the biggest storm since 2012..

Damn.
So it's the biggest Storm of the Century in 2 months?

Ed Zachary
Pete Nice Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:cAble company hooked my fiber optics up yesterday. Good news, I have a 15 down, 5 up internet speed at my house now. Bad news, I have to use cable boxes for my tvs now, and its annoying. I hate having the extra box just hanging out there looking all stupid.

I have 75/50 through Fios at home. They have one that is even higher, 150/75 I think.
Jesus Confusedhock:
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
black popes :high5:
LeNeve Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I saw JDubb on the news this morning talking about his 12 inches.

I think it was JDubb, they all look the same up there.
Hey now!!!
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
in at 89D/58U here at the hospital
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I saw JDubb on the news this morning talking about his 12 inches.

I think it was JDubb, they all look the same up there.
Hey now!!!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
LeNeve Wrote:black popes :high5:
BBPC?
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Derick Wrote:in at 89D/58U here at the hospital

500 circuit here.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I think we have about 12-15/ 2-3 down at home through our DSL too, it works perfectly fine for everything we use it for (XBOX Live, Hulu, etc). I refuse to pay more for faster internet when our DSL gets the job done.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
[Image: dsl.png]
DSLs always get the job done. :high5:
So I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of cable. I got my Ruku working finally in the bedroom, Netflix is all that really offers. My Sony blue ray player in the living room has all the same stuff Ruku has.

My questions:

1. How is HULU? I am considering paying for it and getting rid of cable. Can you watch entire series? Or do they remove stuff after a certain time? Does it have FX for Archer and the Americans and AMC for the Walking Dead?

It's not really a big deal, as you can download all the stuff off torrents within minutes of it being over anyway, but trying to take away that in between download time.

2. NHL Center Ice. I wanted to get this since 90% of Pens games are on Cable. Fuckers black out your home market based off ISP. So why the fuck would I want to get Center Ice if I can never watch my favorite team? Way to go NHL, fuck up something else.

3. NFL. No need really to have cable, digital antennas pick it up in HD and the signals here are crisp and clean. I do not watch Monday night often, and never watch Thursday night, but if I needed to, I could go somewhere or find a internet feed.

4. Internet sports feeds. Does anyone have any luck with one of these that actually gives you a full screen picture without buffering every 30 seconds, maybe even in HD? Every place I have been recommended to, sucks. IF I could stream HD sports without interruption, cable would be GONE already.

I hear microsoft is working on a box similar to Apple TV that allows you to buy channels a la cart. They are rumored to be priced between $2 and $15 per month. I think this is the future of TV, otherwise, as technology gets better and the economy keeps getting worse, actual live TV is going to go down the same dead end path newspapers are on now.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:So I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of cable. I got my Ruku working finally in the bedroom, Netflix is all that really offers. My Sony blue ray player in the living room has all the same stuff Ruku has.

My questions:

1. How is HULU? I am considering paying for it and getting rid of cable. Can you watch entire series? Or do they remove stuff after a certain time? Does it have FX for Archer and the Americans and AMC for the Walking Dead?

It's not really a big deal, as you can download all the stuff off torrents within minutes of it being over anyway, but trying to take away that in between download time.

2. NHL Center Ice. I wanted to get this since 90% of Pens games are on Cable. Fuckers black out your home market based off ISP. So why the fuck would I want to get Center Ice if I can never watch my favorite team? Way to go NHL, fuck up something else.

3. NFL. No need really to have cable, digital antennas pick it up in HD and the signals here are crisp and clean. I do not watch Monday night often, and never watch Thursday night, but if I needed to, I could go somewhere or find a internet feed.

4. Internet sports feeds. Does anyone have any luck with one of these that actually gives you a full screen picture without buffering every 30 seconds, maybe even in HD? Every place I have been recommended to, sucks. IF I could stream HD sports without interruption, cable would be GONE already.

I hear microsoft is working on a box similar to Apple TV that allows you to buy channels a la cart. They are rumored to be priced between $2 and $15 per month. I think this is the future of TV, otherwise, as technology gets better and the economy keeps getting worse, actual live TV is going to go down the same dead end path newspapers are on now.
Sports is the main reason I refuse to let go of any cable/ satellite TV. We have DirecTV and for the most part I am satisfied with it. I'd rather roll with a Streamer like Roku or Apple TV but like you said if you subscribe to MLB or NHL season packages your local in-market home games are blacked out so no sense in paying for 1/2 a seasons worth of games.

I may be wrong, but last time I check, current season Walking Dead was not available on AMCs offerings for Roku. Apple is pretty much in bed with every good show and has right to put current season series up for sale on iTunes so until the season actually ends for Walking Dead there won't be new content available for any streaming device/ service.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Pete Nice Wrote:So I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of cable. I got my Ruku working finally in the bedroom, Netflix is all that really offers. My Sony blue ray player in the living room has all the same stuff Ruku has.

My questions:

1. I had Hulu Plus for a few months. I'm pretty sure they keep at least the last few seasons most shows. I used Netflix a lot more.

2. That's not the NHL's fuck up. Every sports package does that. It's for the same reasons as, if a game in on national TV, and on your local channel, the national broadcast of the game will be blacked out.

3. If I hook up an antenna, I can get Toledo and Detroit channels, and they have different "regional" games. So sometimes I would get double the games.

4. I've never found anything. Justin.tv seems to be the popular one, but I could never figure it out.

I'd be surprised if la carte TV ever does actually happen. There will still be packages where you're forced to get channels you don't want.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March 13th, 2024 - 15 Years Joe 4 0 03-13-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Chip
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Tuesday 7/26/16 - What? LeNeve 7 748 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM