Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday 12/12/12 - Aaron Rodgers Day
Brampton Wrote:My wife would love to get a vacuum for christmas. Especially one of the Dyson ones.

I want a roomba that can wash & dry floors.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:My wife would love to get a vacuum for christmas. Especially one of the Dyson ones.

Jim bought me a washing machine last year. I wasn't going to complain.

I got a dishwasher two years ago.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I know a couple who have been married for a very long time. For Christmas, she will buy him something she wants (like a dress) and he will buy her something he wants (like a chainsaw). They open their gifts and then trade them with each other. It's silly, but they have been married for over 40 years and it works for them.

If I don't don't want something in particular (last year I wanted a family necklace) Jim and I just get a mutual gift.
Pete Nice Wrote:Q is gone. They are onto anther story. Talking about Elf on Shelf. I actually want to hear about this b/c I don't like it.

I bought Elf On A Shelf for my nephew who was born last week. Elf creeps the hell out of me though... really gay looking.
Brampton Wrote:why is it a parents "resposibility" to buy their kids shit, just to have the same stuff as everyone else?

thats bad parenting

I don't get why people are buying tablets and cell phones for their kids. Kids are not mature enough to take care of that stuff, so why drop hundreds of dollars on it?

Conversation overhead at gym class on Black Friday:

Chick1: I'm leaving right after class. I need to get to Walmart. They are having a good deal on a 32gb I-thingy
Chick 2: Oh you are getting your daughter an Ipad?
Chick 1: No! She's only 5, an Ipod touch...

I couldn't believe that!!! My 4 year old breaks anything he touches if its expensive... I would never even dream of buying him one of those.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Q is gone. They are onto anther story. Talking about Elf on Shelf. I actually want to hear about this b/c I don't like it.
Elf on Shelf???

Yeah, it is some dumb thing where the parents move the elf around and take pictures of it doing silly things. Fucking stupid. I am 100% against it.

That just sounds ignorant.

You dont take pictures... 25 pictures a day for 5 years +..., that's a lot of pictures.
NussieT Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I think getting gifts as a grown up is childish, so if someone is gonna get me something, why not something that is useful and that I won't have to spend my money on?

My old man called me yesterday and told me what he wanted some sort of meat grinder for Christmas and the exact words out his mouth were "I looked at it in the store then thought to myself... I'm not going to spend that much on something I will use occasionally, so if you want, you can buy that"

Holy crap. Jim told me he wants a nail gun. Not that he needs it or would ever use it, but that he thinks it would be cool to have one.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I don't get why people are buying tablets and cell phones for their kids. Kids are not mature enough to take care of that stuff, so why drop hundreds of dollars on it?

Conversation overhead at gym class on Black Friday:

Chick1: I'm leaving right after class. I need to get to Walmart. They are having a good deal on a 32gb I-thingy
Chick 2: Oh you are getting your daughter an Ipad?
Chick 1: No! She's only 5, an Ipod touch...

I couldn't believe that!!! My 4 year old breaks anything he touches if its expensive... I would never even dream of buying him one of those.

Stupid morons. When I went to get blood drawn, this little girl was in the waiting area with her dad. She was trying to talk to him and he finally asked her where her i touch was and why wasn't she playing it. Totally fucked up how people are getting.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM