Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Receivers
I need a stereo receiver. My TV only has 1 HDMI input so I'd like something that I can plug all my HDMI shit into and be able to come out of the receiver and into the single port. My TV still pretty much kicks ass so I don't want to get rid of it yet.

My problem is there are like 6 million choices and I haven't really kept up on this type of thing so I don't recognize some of these brands. I'd like something priced pretty good with a lot of power. Anyone keep up with AV?
Harmon kardon. Thread closed.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Mark Harmon Kardon.
Thread re-opened.
Depends on what your looking to spend. Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Denon, HK make some really good stuff in all price ranges

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
OK well what range should I be looking g for? I just need 4 speakers and a subwoofer to plug into it. So HK is pretty good?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Joe Wrote:OK well what range should I be looking g for? I just need 4 speakers and a subwoofer to plug into it. So HK is pretty good?

What type of money are you looking to spend? Best bang for the buck is usually a pioneer or onkyo.

Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:OK well what range should I be looking g for? I just need 4 speakers and a subwoofer to plug into it. So HK is pretty good?

What type of money are you looking to spend? Best bang for the buck is usually a pioneer or onkyo.

I've seen a lot of Onkyo for good prices but didn't know much about them. I may look into those. I have a cheap Phillips right now that sounds great but lacks inputs. I'm hoping to pick something up for like $200 to $300.

your going to need to come up witth more specs. just saying I need a reciever for 5.1 is not going to cut it. I would seriously take a look at HK. Good bang for the buck and quality stuff. I can recommend a lot of better products but the price increases significantly.

whole system or just reciever?

another option to consider is Bose 2.1 system. While its not true surround sound, it is pretty damn awesome sound for a good price
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I need at least 3 maybe 4 HDMI inputs that will output to the single HDMI that goes into my TV. I guess I'll also need some auxiliary inputs for my satellite radio. The receiver I have right now has an iPod dock that I don't really use, but I'll take one if it's available. I can't really think of what else I'll need. All of my media will either be coming from the cable box, my WD Live Hub or my XBOX. I don't really have the need for a Blue Ray player or CD player, but I might get Blue Ray down the road. It's also a big deal to be able to control the volume from my Comcast remote so I don't have to have a ton of remotes laying around. I may pick up one of those logitech remotes to control everything.
I use the Harmony 880. Best remote I ever used.. programming it on the computer is awesome, and rechargeable batteries. They have those bigger ones, that basically look like a tablet, I think that would be too big and not be able to use with one hand.
And Pioneer has never let me down.. receiver, dvd player, tivo (old one now) are all pioneer
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvY_vH34lnjHgeaCnewo_...1bmBb048sK]
I have that same remote as Dave.

I have always been a fan of Sony products, but my stereo receiver is like 10 years old. It works fine for me, so I doubt I will get a new one any time soon. It is only in the basement anyway, upstairs is just from the TV, fios box and blu ray.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Joe, have you thought about getting a soundbar?

Ive got a yamaha one and I love it. Also I have a harmony One remote. Harmony products are fantastic

Brampton Wrote:Joe, have you thought about getting a soundbar?

Ive got a yamaha one and I love it. Also I have a harmony One remote. Harmony products are fantastic

The sofa is like 20 feet from the tv so I like having the speakers on all 4 corners. I really want that Harmony remote. Can you program it for like ceiling fans and shit? My fans are remote controlled.
Joe Wrote:

The sofa is like 20 feet from the tv so I like having the speakers on all 4 corners. I really want that Harmony remote. Can you program it for like ceiling fans and shit? My fans are remote controlled.

Most likely. I use mine for air conditioner and the lights in the living room. Its compatible with most home automation stuff
Joe Wrote:

Most likely. I use mine for air conditioner and the lights in the living room. Its compatible with most home automation stuff