Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you win the Powerball drawing tonight...
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I don't like little yappy dogs like that. Plus, you have to be really careful when they are outside that a hawk doesn't grab them and fly off with them.

My brother (or, more accurately his girlfriend) has 2 yorkies, one looks just like that one.
I don't understand the hate for little dogs.
Sure their bark is higher and annoying, but a big, loud dog that barks a lot is annoying as fuck too.
But they're still dogs, they still act like dogs, you can still train them like dogs.
And they're still a hell of a lot better then cats.

I hate their high-pitched bark. Those little shits are usually the ones who have snapped at me or bit me. And I don't really consider them ample protection for a house. No crook is going to be afraid of those little yappers outside of them making noise. Cats are definitely preferred over them.

The powerball is over, so I don't mind going off topic, but...

You're weirf.
Dogs that act like that, are usually the result of their owners, not the breed.
And who buys a dog based on protection?
I'd get a dog because I like dogs, and little dogs are still dogs.
And I hate cats, so anyone who would take a cat over any dog is a little odd to me.
Chip Wrote:The powerball is over, so I don't mind going off topic, but...

You're weirf.
And I hate cats, so anyone who would take a cat over any dog is a little odd to me.

One benefit cats have over dogs is that I can go away for a weekend without having to find a sitter. I can just give them extra food and water and leave. I used to do that a lot when I lived at my old house. And I had to have cats there. The house was completely surrounded by fields and field mice were very common. Never had a dog willing to catch mice.

Jim got my pitbull for me as a guard dog after a guy tried to come into my house. Sure, she is people-friendly and not likely to attack, but strangers don't know that. Our dogs are family dogs, but they are also intimidating to anyone casing our house. Suge (his male pit) is 100lbs and I am pretty certain no one wants to break in here when they see him in the window.

Most people I know do not train their little dogs like they are dogs, either.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
cats are free loaders

I am going to name my york terrier Skeeter

You're weirf.

One benefit cats have over dogs is that I can go away for a weekend without having to find a sitter. I can just give them extra food and water and leave. I used to do that a lot when I lived at my old house. And I had to have cats there. The house was completely surrounded by fields and field mice were very common. Never had a dog willing to catch mice.

Jim got my pitbull for me as a guard dog after a guy tried to come into my house. Sure, she is people-friendly and not likely to attack, but strangers don't know that. Our dogs are family dogs, but they are also intimidating to anyone casing our house. Suge (his male pit) is 100lbs and I am pretty certain no one wants to break in here when they see him in the window.

Haha, I get that that's a "benefit" to having a cat, the downside to that is that when you come home, you still have a cat.
Yorkies were actually bread to catch mice.

If someone is breaking into your house, and they're serious, I assume they would have some kind of weapon, and the dog will only end up getting hurt.
Chip seems to know a lot about yorkies.
Chip Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I don't like little yappy dogs like that. Plus, you have to be really careful when they are outside that a hawk doesn't grab them and fly off with them.

My brother (or, more accurately his girlfriend) has 2 yorkies, one looks just like that one.
I don't understand the hate for little dogs.
Sure their bark is higher and annoying, but a big, loud dog that barks a lot is annoying as fuck too.
But they're still dogs, they still act like dogs, you can still train them like dogs.
And they're still a hell of a lot better then cats.

I hate their high-pitched bark. Those little shits are usually the ones who have snapped at me or bit me. And I don't really consider them ample protection for a house. No crook is going to be afraid of those little yappers outside of them making noise. Cats are definitely preferred over them.

The powerball is over, so I don't mind going off topic, but...

You're weirf.
^this^
I'm not a pet person at all but I agree with this statement.
I want to sign up for yorkie fun facts.
Brian Wrote:Chip seems to know a lot about yorkies.

I only know that they were bread to catch mice.
And that they're tiny.
I don't think that qualifies as "a lot"
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

You're weirf.

Haha, I get that that's a "benefit" to having a cat, the downside to that is that when you come home, you still have a cat.
Yorkies were actually bread to catch mice.

If someone is breaking into your house, and they're serious, I assume they would have some kind of weapon, and the dog will only end up getting hurt.

I had to take in one cat for my sister. Taught that one how to play fetch and all of my cats were leash trained. It is nice to have animals that are independent, so you are not rushing home to let them out before they have an accident.

The crack heads around here want places they can get in and out of quick (Clio police drive by constantly). Our place would qualify since they would have to contend with the dogs. When Jim and I were at the Bricks with our dogs, the thugs were actually terrified of our dogs. Shelby thought one guy wanted to pet her and he freaked when she turned to him. Told me to keep her away from him. That was awesome.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I had to take in one cat for my sister. Taught that one how to play fetch and all of my cats were leash trained. It is nice to have animals that are independent, so you are not rushing home to let them out before they have an accident.

The crack heads around here want places they can get in and out of quick (Clio police drive by constantly). Our place would qualify since they would have to contend with the dogs. When Jim and I were at the Bricks with our dogs, the thugs were actually terrified of our dogs. Shelby thought one guy wanted to pet her and he freaked when she turned to him. Told me to keep her away from him. That was awesome.

Ever think about moving?
Chip Wrote:
Brian Wrote:Chip seems to know a lot about yorkies.

I only know that they were bread to catch mice.
And that they're tiny.
I don't think that qualifies as "a lot"

And they are homely.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bored Tonight Derick 7 3,739 11-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Joe