Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Natal
[youtube]p2qlHoxPioM[/youtube]
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Xbox 360 and Microsoft Corporation amazed the audience at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) last week when they introduced a number of new additions to their game console.

Some additions include a controller-free entertainment system named Project Natale, instant 1080p HD streaming video, 10 exclusive games such as Halo3: ODST and Facebook on Xbox LIVE.

When introducing Facebook on Xbox LIVE, representatives for Microsoft assured the audience that it would differ from the traditional online Facebook and would also enhance the online gaming experience.

“Facebook on Xbox LIVE will offer a completely customized experience that's optimized for your TV,” said a Microsoft representative. “You can find friends, view their news feeds, statuses and photos, and update your own status to share what movie, game or entertainment you're enjoying on Xbox LIVE. You can even see which of your Facebook friends are also on Xbox LIVE, and invite them to be your Xbox LIVE friend.”

Microsoft also created a feature called Facebook Connect, which allows users to capture their greatest gaming moments and post screenshots directly to Facebook.

“It's about bringing together and sharing your entertainment and gaming experiences with all of your friends in one place,” the representative said.

The addition of Facebook on Xbox LIVE is the latest example of social networking becoming a part of everyday life. Though this new addition may excite gamers everywhere, some are worried about its growing influence and the possible dangers of social networking.

“I think too much of anything can be a bad thing,” said Alex Barnes, a sophomore film major. “As social networking becomes more and more integrated into our lives, I think we need to try to balance it out and not let it take over.”

Microsoft, however, guarantees that this live version of Facebook will be safe for its users, and that they are taking all of the necessary steps to ensure safety online. They will not disclose personal information outside of Microsoft and its controlled subsidiaries without users’ consent. Parental controls can also be utilized when viewing Facebook content.

Many Xbox fans are also excited for Project Natal, which tracks full body movement in 3-D, while responding to commands, directions, and even shifts in emotion or voice with no controller required.

“Project Natal seems to be the most exciting,” said Tim Cozine, a sophomore sociology major. “I am curious to see how precise and how well an idea like this would work. We already feel years ahead with our current gaming situation, but Project Natal would put the gaming experience decades ahead of where we are now.”
Microsoft’s presentation at E3 has fans excited and positive about the bright future of the gaming industry.

“Honestly, the future seems limitless right now,” Barnes said. “When video games were first created, the idea of playing with people on the other half of the world would have sounded ridiculous, and now there is a project to have video games without controllers. As a gamer, I would like to continue to see video games grow and expand and become more and more interactive.”
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
this may sway me to get an xbox, i have a ps3 right now but i mainly bought it because of the blu ray and because playing onlin doesn't cost any extra. when I first saw Project Natal, i was in awe, hopefully it works as well as it is shown.
I don't even play many video games and I am thinking of getting an xbox. Need For Speed Shift is coming out and I haven't even gotten NFS Pro Street yet!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Wow that is crazy. Maybe all those videos i've seen on youtube about the government spying on people through their T.V. have some truth to them. If they're releasing this technology to the public, what can they do that you don't know about? My buddy was in iraq and he said alot of the stuff they show on "future weapons" has been out for like ten years. Confusedhock: