Poll: Fire employee
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
57.14%
4 57.14%
no
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firing an employee
Derick Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:I am curious- the first time it happened, did he get suspended or warned? Any explanation?
corrective action was issued, the employee signed, no suspension, also given a copy of the attendance policy which employee signed acknowledging his receipt of copy.
No brainer!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:I am curious- the first time it happened, did he get suspended or warned? Any explanation?
corrective action was issued, the employee signed, no suspension, also given a copy of the attendance policy which employee signed acknowledging his receipt of copy.
No brainer!!!
I'm all for it, but my boss seems was in a sweetheart mood the other day, and thinks its a good idea to keep him around
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
No brainer!!!
I'm all for it, but my boss seems was in a sweetheart mood the other day, and thinks its a good idea to keep him around
Then it wasn't your decision!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:I'm all for it, but my boss seems was in a sweetheart mood the other day, and thinks its a good idea to keep him around
Then it wasn't your decision!!!
This sends the wrong message and undermines your authority to your team.
Joe Wrote:What was his reason? I can only think of a few that would be ok.

- Hospitalized
- Jailed
- Kidnapped
- Stuck in a mine shaft

- Fell in a well
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
He knowingly broke the rules. He has to go. At one job, the second no call, no show led to a meeting and a third is automatic termination.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
If he really cared about his job would no-show for work? Good employees at a minimum call in with a weak excuse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
Three strikes. Not two strikes. Progressive discipline has to show a pattern and generally courts hold that two times isn't a pattern. I'm not excusing what this buffoon did...not calling at all in nonsense. But there's no way I'm bouncing an otherwise valuable asset out of my company on a two-strike attendance policy violation. Good employees are hard to find. Your job as a manager is to fix this shit, not have to start over from square one with some other ass-clown who may be much worse.
So new light to the story. Apparently he was in jail from the night before, got out this morning, the police also impounded his car. I'm guessing booze, but since I havent talked to him, that is onlly a guess
As an employer and a former supervisor I always use(d) the 3 strike method. 1) Verbal 2) Written 3) Fired. of course if there was a legitimate reason he was unable to phone/show up the only way its excused is with a doctors note or a something that backs up your story.
Are your guys union? Our attendance policy is a point system, 5 points rolling 12 months. 1/2 point late, 1 point call off, 1 1/2 point call off less than hour before shift, 2 points no call no show. Its been in their contract for 4 years now and i've never seen anyone hit 5 points.
Hondo Wrote:Three strikes. Not two strikes. Progressive discipline has to show a pattern and generally courts hold that two times isn't a pattern. I'm not excusing what this buffoon did...not calling at all in nonsense. But there's no way I'm bouncing an otherwise valuable asset out of my company on a two-strike attendance policy violation. Good employees are hard to find. Your job as a manager is to fix this shit, not have to start over from square one with some other ass-clown who may be much worse.
its almost impossible to get fired from fedex. It really not a 2 or 3 strike policy, usually its, coaching, written, critical written, critical written with suspension, then firing. Realistically think 6 strikes. But the no call no show policy is 2 in a 365 day period
Hondo Wrote:Three strikes. Not two strikes.
Re-read the 2nd sentence in the original post!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:
I love how your so straight to the point, you cold heartless bastard. I'm supposed to be the heartless one. :roflmao:
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
I love how your so straight to the point, you cold heartless bastard. I'm supposed to be the heartless one. :roflmao:

Jesus tells him it's cool.