Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Reasons to vote for Gary Johnson
ap bikini team Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Paul nailed that right on the head if you know you need an abortion you know it well before the beginning of the second trimester there is no need at all for partial birth abortion

sent from 1975.

The people that believe in partial birth abortions are JUST as crazy as those that feel someone should keep a baby under any circumstances. My issue with abortion is women use it as birth control, instead of FUCKING BIRTH CONTROL. There are so so many things from condoms, pills, morning after pills and the like that can keep them from getting pregnant. Yes, accidents happen, but there are far too many abortions happening out of a complete lack of personal responsibility.

Women don't use abortion as birth control- that is a myth, there is no evidence to support it. If women and poorer folks had access to contraceptives and real birth control education (not this shit abstinence only), it would go way the hell down.

"In fact, half of all women getting abortions report that contraception was used during the month they became pregnant. If abortion were used as a primary method of birth control, a typical woman would have at least two or three pregnancies per year - 30 or more during her lifetime. In fact, most women who have abortions have had no previous abortions (52%) or only one previous abortion (26%). Considering that most women are fertile for over 30 years, and that birth control is not perfect, the likelihood of having one or two unintended pregnancies is very high."

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html">http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html</a><!-- m -->
and you can check out the Abortion Surveillance done by CDC.

I think the line is pretty clear, it should be based on brain functioning. Same with death- if your brain dies you aren't you anymore and you can't come back, no point in forcing hospitals to keep people alive. A conservative estimate would be 7weeks and at that point it is just brain stem. So go give them 2 calendar months or 9weeks.
I didn't mean every women uses it as birth control. However I do know women that have had no less than 3 abortions, and they're in their mid twenties (one of them has had 6). I'm all for proper education of contraceptives. And poorer people do have access to birth control. Planned Parenthood and birth control through Medicaid is available. There are far too many people that use abortion as a safety net, and not as a last result. Even if we're using the numbers by the CDC, that means 1 out of every 4 has had more than 2 or more abortions. Condoms are readily available. If you don't have a dollar to buy one, maybe you should reconsider your priorities.
ap bikini team Wrote:I didn't mean every women uses it as birth control. However I do know women that have had no less than 3 abortions, and they're in their mid twenties (one of them has had 6). I'm all for proper education of contraceptives. And poorer people do have access to birth control. Planned Parenthood and birth control through Medicaid is available. There are far too many people that use abortion as a safety net, and not as a last result. Even if we're using the numbers by the CDC, that means 1 out of every 4 has had more than 2 or more abortions. Condoms are readily available. If you don't have a dollar to buy one, maybe you should reconsider your priorities.

a buck to fuck.. can't swing that in this economy..
ap bikini team Wrote:I didn't mean every women uses it as birth control. However I do know women that have had no less than 3 abortions, and they're in their mid twenties (one of them has had 6). I'm all for proper education of contraceptives. And poorer people do have access to birth control. Planned Parenthood and birth control through Medicaid is available. There are far too many people that use abortion as a safety net, and not as a last result. Even if we're using the numbers by the CDC, that means 1 out of every 4 has had more than 2 or more abortions. Condoms are readily available. If you don't have a dollar to buy one, maybe you should reconsider your priorities.

The thing that I think is most worrying is:
"abortion ratios in 2008 and throughout the entire period of analysis were highest among adolescents aged ≤19 years."
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6015a1.htm?s_cid=ss6015a1_w">http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtm ... ss6015a1_w</a><!-- m -->

equal to or Under 19- which would be the prime target of sex education and access to contraceptives and birth control most likely involves parents.

That tells me we aren't teaching them that abortions shouldn't be fall back plans.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Separation of church and state.
the word God is in the Constitution over 200 times. the Pledge of Allegiance has the word god in it. let me reference the song god bless america. when I took my oath to join the army the word God was in it .

now I am NOT a religious person and I do not believe religion belongs in politics but let's not be hypocrits about this like many liberals are.

this country was founded by people who left Europe because they were being persecuted for their religion

sent from 1975.

And by the way what does this have to do with my argument? It doesn't say which god. It also doesn't say that one person's religious beliefs should be made into laws that everyone should follow.

I was just offsetting your seperation or church and state statement. As much as I agree with it, this country has never truly had it. Religion always has been and always will be part of american politics.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Rydrum Wrote:

The thing that I think is most worrying is:
"abortion ratios in 2008 and throughout the entire period of analysis were highest among adolescents aged ≤19 years."
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6015a1.htm?s_cid=ss6015a1_w">http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtm ... ss6015a1_w</a><!-- m -->

equal to or Under 19- which would be the prime target of sex education and access to contraceptives and birth control most likely involves parents.

That tells me we aren't teaching them that abortions shouldn't be fall back plans.

I completely agree with that. I remember my sex ed classes in school and they were useless with real life application. Ever see "The Girl Next Door"? We need to update all our sex ed stuff to make it viable to today's kids AND keep their attention long enough for the info to sink in.
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:But here is my rub, the fetus has not started the "birth" process. By giving it this label makes it sound like you are killing babies. I as a man have no say over what a woman can do to her body as she has to tell me what I can do with mine, not to mention the effin federal government...

It's no different than calling "social" issues "entitlements" now. By giving something a negative label makes it easier to get the masses to rally around it.
00 I agree with you there J dub it should not be called partial birth abortion but you understand what I'm saying second especially third trimester abortions should not be allowed

sent from 1975.
That is the only point I am trying to make. I agree there has to be a point where once the pregnancy has passed a certain point that abortion should no longer be considered.

My point is how politicians give things "scary or negative labels" making it easy to lead the "sheep" and rally around their party cause.
8=======D
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:But here is my rub, the fetus has not started the "birth" process. By giving it this label makes it sound like you are killing babies. I as a man have no say over what a woman can do to her body as she has to tell me what I can do with mine, not to mention the effin federal government...

It's no different than calling "social" issues "entitlements" now. By giving something a negative label makes it easier to get the masses to rally around it.
00 I agree with you there J dub it should not be called partial birth abortion but you understand what I'm saying second especially third trimester abortions should not be allowed

sent from 1975.
That is the only point I am trying to make. I agree there has to be a point where once the pregnancy has passed a certain point that abortion should no longer be considered.

My point is how politicians give things "scary or negative labels" making it easy to lead the "sheep" and rally around their party cause.

*cough* iphone *cough*

...it should be noted tha I have a macbook pro and an iphone...
Rydrum Wrote:*cough* iphone *cough*

...it should be noted tha I have a macbook pro and an iphone...
:finger:
Pete Nice Wrote:if Republicans hate women so much why don't you ask your Jesus, I mean, Obama why women in his White House women make 20 percent less than men on average

sent from 1975.

Even if that's true, Romney is not going to do shit to improve it for women.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
The Republicans got scared of Johnson and took measures to make sure he did not appear on the ballots in some state. Michigan is one of them.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:if Republicans hate women so much why don't you ask your Jesus, I mean, Obama why women in his White House women make 20 percent less than men on average

sent from 1975.

Even if that's true, Romney is not going to do shit to improve it for women.

He will do just as much, if not more than Obama will

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:The Republicans got scared of Johnson and took measures to make sure he did not appear on the ballots in some state. Michigan is one of them.

Repubs AND Dems did.

Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:The Republicans got scared of Johnson and took measures to make sure he did not appear on the ballots in some state. Michigan is one of them.

Repubs AND Dems did.

The local papers pointed to the Republicans having an issue with him, not the Dems.
I HATE PIE!!