Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it about Androids that make people go nuts for them?
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Manning just threw an interception. He probably has an iPhone.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

David Boreanaz is wearing a Flyer shirt on Bones. He probably has an Android.

David Boreanaz is a huge Philly sports fan and when he has a chance he brings it into the show. He's wore a Flyers jersey once, he sang the Eagles fight song last season or the season before... I can't remember..
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Manning just threw an interception. He probably has an iPhone.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

David Boreanaz is wearing a Flyer shirt on Bones. He probably has an Android.

David Boreanaz is a huge Philly sports fan and when he has a chance he brings it into the show. He's wore a Flyers jersey once, he sang the Eagles fight song last season or the season before... I can't remember..

I know, I've actually heard him interviewed on sports radio shows.
Most of it has been covered. The sterotypical apple user IS a big factor.

Like Beckster said, I FUCKING HATE Itunes. I have had itunes for about 10 years now, I think about 10 years, pretty sure I got it around 2002 or 2003. It is buggy, needs to many updates, is hard to properly organize, deletes shit, doesn't do what it should and is heard to navigate and or find what you need to do the things I want it to do.

I hate the fact that you have to use itunes to get anything on apples products.

Now as far as the phones. I have had both an android and an iphone 3. I also had a blackberry torch, and loved it until it became obsolete due to ownership product neglect.

Here is what I like better about android in no particular order:

1. Removeable batery
2. More charging options
3. Less expensive in EVERY faction, from the phone, to the service to the accessories.
4. Navigation. The one button system sucks. I absolutely LOVE the 4 buttons navigation at the bottom of the android screen. I really only use three, rarely if ever use the search one, but the back, home and menu buttons make navigation 1,000,000 times easier and less aggravating.
5. Easy removal and switching of memory cards. Adding additional memory.
6. Not locked into one app program (itunes)
7. Reception, far better.
8. Screen touch pad, far better and responds better on android than iphone

I am sure there are more.

One more thing. I do not root my phones, so this is off base model, as I feel it should be.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I've been working with the iPhone for years now. The iPhone was the go to phone when companies decided that they wanted more functionality than what their Blackberrys were providing. I must say I was a hard core Blackberry user from the first device they ever created. I was hesitant to make the switch because Blackberry created this market and at the time no one did corporate email better than Blackberry. I held on to Blackberry up until around the time the 2nd Droid came out and then I made the switch to that. I did it based on the reviews from a few coworkers of mine who were also very familiar with iPhones. The other reason I made the switch was because I knew Android was going to be out there and sooner or later I was going to have to support them for my clients.

My first phone was Android 2.2 and I have to admit, it was a bit rough. It lacked the ease of use that the iPhone had. When Android 2.3 came out it finally looked like they were making progress although still a bit too rough for me to recommend to your everyday user. For me it was the right choice because of the choice I had in apps. There are apps available for free in Android that beat many of the pay apps Apple provides. A few months ago I had to deploy an mobile device management system and was given an iPad to use for a few months. While I had it I tried every app I could find and I still felt way more limited than I was with my Android devices.

When I finally got my hands on my Galaxy Nexus with Android 4 I knew Google had it nailed. The device and the OS are damn near flawless. I can do what I want with this phone and I haven't even rooted it. I guess I could best sum it up as not feeling trapped within Apple's boundaries.

I do have to say that when a client asks me which phone they should deploy to their employees, I always say the iPhone. The hardware is always the same and when an OS update is released it's released for all devices. Standards are always good in a business environment.
The one thing I liked about the iPhone was the connector. I liked being able to plug it into things like the integration kit in my truck and control my music. Apparently they just changed that so that makes it a bit more difficult now.
Oh and what's with the whole sleeping on the sidewalk waiting for each release??? If your current iPhone is so bad that you have to upgrade right away than maybe your should try something else.
Joe Wrote:The one thing I liked about the iPhone was the connector. I liked being able to plug it into things like the integration kit in my truck and control my music. Apparently they just changed that so that makes it a bit more difficult now.

What's so bad about micro-usb?
I have those chords laying all over the place.
One at work, one next to my computer at home, a wall charger next to that computer, another charger in my bed room, a car charger, and still another wall charger just laying around.
The iPhone seems simple, safe, and secure. Most of the things it does, it seems to do great.
My mom keeps talking about getting a smart phone.
I'm debating on telling her to just get an iPhone.
Her boyfriend has one, and my brother has one. So it's something I can actually pass the "tech support" phone calls on to them.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:The one thing I liked about the iPhone was the connector. I liked being able to plug it into things like the integration kit in my truck and control my music. Apparently they just changed that so that makes it a bit more difficult now.

What's so bad about micro-usb?
I have those chords laying all over the place.
One at work, one next to my computer at home, a wall charger next to that computer, another charger in my bed room, a car charger, and still another wall charger just laying around.

The cable charges and allows data transfer. I want to be able to control my Android from the cable like I can in my truck with my iPod.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Gaming Gadgets That Will Make Us Hurt Ourselves Joe 1 1,230 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice