Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it about Androids that make people go nuts for them?
Without name calling (no calling someone a fanboy) or other types of belittling, can those of you prefer android phones over iphones please clearly explain what is is about androids that you love so much about them and why you feel they are superior to iphones. I'm looking for something beyond, because you can "root" it or because it has a bigger screen. I'm actually trying to learn here.

OK, on your marks, get set, go!
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
Does this mean I can't respond with "because they aren't made by Apple "?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Does this mean I can't respond with "because they aren't made by Apple "?
Please, back that up with something of substance. Why the dislike for apple?
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Good honest question homie. I've never dealt with any apple product personally, so I can't honestly compare the 2 devices. I do read a ton of reviews from both sides though.

The iPhone reviews are weird. They all talk about features that pretty much every smart phone on the has.

I started out with blackberry. It was fantastic at the time. Then got a droid based phone. Made the bb seem like a bag phone from the 90s.

Being able to root was cool too, same as jail breaking right?

I easily rooted up to a 4.0... operating system and that was bad ass. Next phone will be stock ics or better for sure. Ics is an amazing system. Smooth, fast, intuative.

Other factors for going droid over iphone. Phone options from my local stores, and verizon. Price was a huge deal for me also. Also 90% of people I know/knew using iphones were total assholes/douches.

I also am using an old school droid right now. It sucked ass at first. I was able to get rooted with one click, from the phone. Now its blazing fast after some overclocking, and I have complete control over memory storage.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
Here's the thing though. Jdubb said something like this awhile back. "I like what I like, you like what you like, so leave me the fuck alone"

Something like that anyway. That point I agree with. He likes his iphone, and isn't trying to get everyone to join his apple gang. I can respect that. Derick has his iphone, and doesn't try to force his stuff on us either. Those guys are the 10 percenters. The ones that have iphones, but don't try to shoot iphone nuts all over evedryone else.

Honestly, part of it is the people. The group of people that think that everything Apple is the end all, be all of everything tech. And think Apple invented smart phones and tablets.
They're just annoying.

Annoying to the point that I didn't want to be lumped in with them.
So when I went to get my first smart phone, I tried Android first, the first Motorola Droid. I loved it.
I loved Swype, still do. I hate when I have to use a normal keyboard on a phone.
And I loved being able to tether (apps like EasyTether and PDAnet). I actually used my phone's internet as my home internet for almost a year.
A removable battery was a huge plus.
Those are the the big reasons I have no desire to switch to Apple.

People say flash, but that didn't matter much to me.

I make fun of iPhones because it's fun.
I get that they both have their ups and downs.
The ups that Androids have are just the ones that I really want/use.
Manning just threw an interception. He probably has an iPhone.

Chip is in point with the social aspect of it too.

All of my iPhone dislike comes from the majority of the people using them.

LeNeve Wrote:Manning just threw an interception. He probably has an iPhone.

David Boreanaz is wearing a Flyer shirt on Bones. He probably has an Android.
Ok, I think I'm seeing it. So it's not so much the product but the people.

I thought that is really was a hardware thing.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Ok, I think I'm seeing it. So it's not so much the product but the people.

It is a hardware thing too.

LeNeve Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Ok, I think I'm seeing it. So it's not so much the product but the people.

It is a hardware thing too.

But when people try to explain the hardware differences, some people will not even listen, or accept the fact that both operating systems, have awesome and different abilities.

I'm not a salesman. All I can say is what has worked for me, and what has been affordable for me.

I love the intergration of gadgets. If that's your thing, then apple product line is on point.

I just won a Sony bloggie camera thing. It won't stop telling me that ps3 will hook up mindlessly with it. Well. I wasn't a fan of the new ps3 platform. I tried it.

MattInMinnesota Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Does this mean I can't respond with "because they aren't made by Apple "?
Please, back that up with something of substance. Why the dislike for apple?

I have worked with Apple computers a lot, so it's not like I am just saying that for the heck of it. I never liked their format at all. I don't like that they have so much control over their product and built it on a bunch of hype.

Things I want when I look at phones: Removeable battery and memory card, I want to be able to have a spare and just change them out. I like being able to slip my memory card into the slot at Meijer and print the pictures from it direct. That I can use my computer to organize the card if I want (which is my preference)
I have never liked the Apple ideal of them limiting me to the programs/apps they think I should use. iTunes is the bane of my existance. I absolutely hate iTunes. Jim bought an ipod and the fucking iTunes decided it didn't need the 3,000 songs he had on it and deleted them all. All I did was open the fucking program. Before that I had it on my pc for a spell and all it wanted to do was dominate my computer (I had deleted it, until he went and reinstalled it)
Now, with my Sansa mp3 player, all I had to do was basic file transfer (or I could choose from a number of programs) to load, unload and format tunes. That is much more my steez.

That's just for starters.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Im not going to pay more money for the same too less of a product.

Hardware wise, my phone is superior to the iphone. Ive had an iphone before, and the comparison of the o/s isnt much different, until i hot ics. Its great.

Also, when i refer to my device, i refer to it as my phone. Not iphone, not galaxy s3.... it makes you sound like an asshole.

I can connect to any device in my house, without problem and i dont have to buy products from one company that markets better than anyone. Its not about buying the hype, but buying a good product.

Does apple make a good product, yeah sure, but I personally am not paying that premium for something thst isnt a better product.

Also, it comes down to what you need the product for. If you need to buy an iphone or mac product, great, but if you are just doing it to join the hivemind, than fuck off.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Gaming Gadgets That Will Make Us Hurt Ourselves Joe 1 1,230 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice