Poll: What location would be better for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Pittsburgh
87.50%
7 87.50%
2. New York City
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge for C&R - Dudebro Olympiads
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:The first Saturday of May is the Kentucky Derby (I am off-limits that day) and the third is the Preakness Stakes....

OK, the Derby weekend is out for me also. But could we watch the Preakness here? I think that could be fun. We could get a pool together and have a good time.

If so, we are down to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weekends in May.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:The first Saturday of May is the Kentucky Derby (I am off-limits that day) and the third is the Preakness Stakes....

OK, the Derby weekend is out for me also. But could we watch the Preakness here? I think that could be fun. We could get a pool together and have a good time.

I am ok with that, I just don't want to be bothered on Derby Day... I am off-limits to the world that day!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I am ok with that, I just don't want to be bothered on Derby Day... I am off-limits to the world that day!
For two and a half minutes.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

For a whole day of ESPN coverage! :happy:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:OK, the Derby weekend is out for me also. But could we watch the Preakness here? I think that could be fun. We could get a pool together and have a good time.

For a whole day of ESPN coverage! :happy:

She really likes to look at big hats.
All right all right, let's get back to the Dudebro Olympiads.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:All right all right, let's get back to the Dudebro Olympiads.

The what?

Oh... oh yeah, ok.
Is that list on the first page updated?
I'd be up for most of that, except I've got a bad shoulder.
Old injury from my dodgeball days. If I even try to warm up my arm by lobbing things over hand, after a couple tosses, I'm done.

I can still bowl though, and I'll whoop ass at that.
We have to get fresh oil on the lanes. None of that bush league open bowling crap.
Chip Wrote:Is that list on the first page updated?
I'd be up for most of that, except I've got a bad shoulder.
Old injury from my dodgeball days. If I even try to warm up my arm by lobbing things over hand, after a couple tosses, I'm done.

I can still bowl though, and I'll whoop ass at that.
We have to get fresh oil on the lanes. None of that bush league open bowling crap.

We need to work on the list. Tweak it. I am open to suggestions.

Pete Nice Wrote:We need to work on the list. Tweak it. I am open to suggestions.

For the passing/shooting stuff, are you thinking distance and accuracy? Like footballs through tires, hitting targets?
Isn't that the kinda stuff they did in those punt, pass and kick things?

How about some sprints.
If a 1.5 mile run is too long and tiring, sprinting would be good.

Maybe different divisions? Sports, track and field, bar games.

How about an academic decathlon? I'll take "lighting dog poo on fire, and the human responce".
Yeah, maybe not.
I voted Pittsburgh because of it being cheaper and easier to get your way around. It's been awhile since i was there.
My on call hopefully won't fall on that weekend. If it does, I'll have to switch with someone that week. They shouldn't have a problem with it as long as they know way ahead of time. Other than that, anytime in May works for me.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I didn't vote but here is my reasoning why:

1) It doesn't really matter to me in which location it is because there are things I'd like to do in both places. I am not too concerned about the cash flow but would like to keep it to a minimum to keep me sane.

2) If we are having it May, please don't have it around the 31st it's my son's birthday any other time is fair game.

3) If the Olympiad were to be close to the Dudebro Convention we may be able to hit up both but it may end up to me choosing between the two... and the choice will be to the one that has the most DBN members in attendance.
Nussie_T Wrote:I didn't vote but here is my reasoning why:

1) It doesn't really matter to me in which location it is because there are things I'd like to do in both places. I am not too concerned about the cash flow but would like to keep it to a minimum to keep me sane.

2) If we are having it May, please don't have it around the 31st it's my son's birthday any other time is fair game.

3) If the Olympiad were to be close to the Dudebro Convention we may be able to hit up both but it may end up to me choosing between the two... and the choice will be to the one that has the most DBN members in attendance.

Actually, the last weekend is out also, that is Memorial Day, and I will not have it on Memorial Day.

Still vote T, we need to determine which and only votes will show the peoples feelings.

I am thinking the DBO will be the 2nd week, maybe the 3rd, and the DBC in NYC will be at least a month later. I doubt both will pan out at the same time.

Rich always wanted to run a half marathon or marathon, I will challenge him in that
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2012 Location Pete Nice 31 10,185 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  Dudebro Convention 2011 Pete Nice 233 61,111 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds? Greg Mercer 21 7,416 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM