Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight Rises Spoiler edition
I didn't want to post any spoilers in the other thread, so I figured I'd start one here because I have a question that's bugging me.

So, spoiler alert.

Minor, dumb question first.
At some point, didn't they say the bomb had a 6 mile blast radius?
And at the end, they had 2 minutes to get it away.
In the theater I was doing math in my head, 60mph means you go 1 mile in one minute, so if that flying thing could go 60mph it could get 2 miles away in 2 minutes. And that means it would have to go 180mph to get the city right to the edge of the blast radius? How fast do does that thing go?

And then, if they knew the bomb was going to blow up after 5 months, and blowing up the city was their ultimate goal, why didn't they just blow it up right away? Did I miss something?
Chip Wrote:I didn't want to post any spoilers in the other thread, so I figured I'd start one here because I have a question that's bugging me.

So, spoiler alert.

Minor, dumb question first.
At some point, didn't they say the bomb had a 6 mile blast radius?
And at the end, they had 2 minutes to get it away.
In the theater I was doing math in my head, 60mph means you go 1 mile in one minute, so if that flying thing could go 60mph it could get 2 miles away in 2 minutes. And that means it would have to go 180mph to get the city right to the edge of the blast radius? How fast do does that thing go?

And then, if they knew the bomb was going to blow up after 5 months, and blowing up the city was their ultimate goal, why didn't they just blow it up right away? Did I miss something?
The whole purpose of not blowing up gotham is to create the chaos for the whole world to see. Then destroy it when people are at their lowest.

I never did the math to the bomb going off, but did it go off above the water?

And you figure a piece of equipment like that should be able to get up to speed quite fast. And also have a good top speed.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Brampton Wrote:The whole purpose of not blowing up gotham is to create the chaos for the whole world to see. Then destroy it when people are at their lowest.

I never did the math to the bomb going off, but did it go off above the water?

And you figure a piece of equipment like that should be able to get up to speed quite fast. And also have a good top speed.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

That makes sense.

I thought it was above the water, but I don't know.
I don't remember them saying how fast that thing could go, but going 180 would have put the city right at the edge of the blast.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Live! SPOILER ALERTS! Pete Nice 4 2,610 08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  The Dark Knight Rises Chip 18 7,646 08-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2012 Summer flicks ~ Dark Shadows Beckster 7 3,852 05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Beckster