Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Offseason
[Image: AyHBZDXCYAAxoXZ.jpg_large.jpg]
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Well , we all know nice guys finish last. These guys are paid millions, why does anyone need to take care of their families, they should take care of their own families.
Tell that to the guy that had his head bashed in for average regular person money 30 years ago, who is a step away from retarded now

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

In that situation, any owner who DOESN'T take care of things is scum.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:[Image: AyHBZDXCYAAxoXZ.jpg_large.jpg]

You know, I keep seeing tons of Rangers Eastern Conference and Stanley Cup Champion things all over the place, you could even buy Rangers Stanley Cup champ stuff on NHL.com for weeks after the finals were over. What is up with that?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
David Poile:
"We are in receipt of the offer sheet signed between the Philadelphia Flyers and Shea Weber. Under the rules pertaining to an offer sheet, the Predators have one week to decide whether to match or accept the compensation. We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea. Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team. Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term."
•Shea Weber's agent Jarrett Bousquet told TSN Radio 1050 that the price for Weber went up after Ryan Suter signed a 13-year, $98 million deal with the Wild. Bousquet added that they had to be sure he was signing with a team he wanted to play for for 14 years and that the Predators were set back a few years by Suter leaving. "He'd like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers because we all feel that he's just another piece in the puzzle to take them to the next level," Bousquet told TSN. "He doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process again."

Well now that's going to make it really awkward if Nashville matches...
Read further in that article, it goes on to say that Weber fully expects the Predators to match and would not have signed the offer sheet had he not wanted to go back to Nashville also.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401032">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401032</a><!-- m -->

"He'd like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers because we all feel that he's just another piece in the puzzle to take them to the next level," Bousquet said. "He doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process again."

He added that his client wouldn't have signed the offer if he weren't ready to close the book on his career in Nashville.

"I don't think you sign an offer sheet unless you're pointing in that one direction," Bousquet said.

But Button was quick to point out the flip side of the strategy, one that could lock Weber into being a Predator for a long time to come.

"If you're exercising your rights under the CBA then you know Nashville can exercise their rights under the CBA and match," Button said. "When you sign this offer sheet, there's no way that you don't want to be in Nashville, because the percentages are very high – like almost 100 per cent – that [Nashville] is going to match the offer sheet."

The way I read that, Craig Button was the one who said that.

Poile and Holmgren are good friends.
My guess is that Weber ends up in Philly, but that Philly trades something to Nashville for all, or some of their picks back.
You guys realize that he doesnt have a no trade clause....right?

Nashville should accept the offer, keep him for a year or two, then deal with 29 teams.....not one.

Bunch of chip biscuits in here too.
Brampton Wrote:You guys realize that he doesnt have a no trade clause....right?

Nashville should accept the offer, keep him for a year or two, then deal with 29 teams.....not one.

Nashville has to keep him for at least one year.
Which includes this years signing bonus, this years salary, and next years signing bonus, that adds up to $27 million.
How willing are they to pay that much in less then a year?

Kind of blatant how they're getting around the potential "salary roll back" in the new CBA.
He gets $14 million the first few years, $13 million of it is the bonus that won't be effected by the roll back.
Chip Wrote:

Which includes this years signing bonus, this years salary, and next years signing bonus, that adds up to $27 million.

Kind of blatant how they're getting around the potential "salary roll back" in the new CBA.
He gets $14 million the first few years, $13 million of it is the bonus that won't be effected by the roll back.
By not signing suter, they can afford it for a year. And get way more in return

Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

By not signing suter, they can afford it for a year. And get way more in return

I'm pumped up about this.
Stop trying to ruin it.

This, Brampton nailed it on the head and it looks like that is what they will do.

"UPDATE: According to our own Scott Burnside, multiple sources have told ESPN.com that they believe the ownership group has "no choice but to breathe deep and match the offer sheet" for Shea Weber. And Burnside suggests (below) the defenseman is ready and willing to spend the rest of his playing days with the Nashville Predators."

Pete Nice Wrote:

This, Brampton nailed it on the head and it looks like that is what they will do.

"UPDATE: According to our own Scott Burnside, multiple sources have told ESPN.com that they believe the ownership group has "no choice but to breathe deep and match the offer sheet" for Shea Weber. And Burnside suggests (below) the defenseman is ready and willing to spend the rest of his playing days with the Nashville Predators."

Yeah, they "have" to match it, they can't loose Weber and Suter for a few picks.
But the question is, still, can they?
$27 million in less then one year is a whole lot of money for a team who was in money trouble a few years ago.
He gets the bonuses even if there's a lockout.
I'm sick of waiting.

I'm sure Weber and his agent know what Nashville can afford, or at least have a guess as to how high they'll go to keep him.
If he wants to stay in Nashville, he signed this offer sheet to force their hand.
If he wants out, he signed this because he knows they can't afford it.

All I've read is people speculating what will happen.

So, back to my normal, making fun of the Pens...

Ugly, and he ties a sweat shirt around his neck like a douche...

[Image: Aya5pxhCQAAxIpm.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton