Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dish Network
Anyone here have Dish Network for their TV service? How are they?
Holy shit! Dish Networks are not renewing their contract with AMC at the end of June!! That would mean no more Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Walking Dead! Deal breaker.
I had Directv. Loved it. My folks had Directv and switched to Dish and hated it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I have been looking at DirecTV packages for over an hour now. I think I can get a decent dish/internet package with tivo for about $130, not including their discounts for months 1-12. So I would be around $100 for the first year and way better than the bullshit service I get from the cable company. I'm not too crazy about getting DSL though. I don't think there are even phone jacks in this house
I have directv. We have a basic package (no movie Channel) and I think we pay way to much, like $90/ mo. Just a rip off like anything else I guess.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
I have heard nothing but bad things about Dish. I have pirated Direct TV for a while and it was decent, but no matter what people tell you, weather truly does effect it. And more than you think.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I have heard nothing but bad things about Dish. I have pirated Direct TV for a while and it was decent, but no matter what people tell you, weather truly does effect it. And more than you think.

Weather jacked up my Direct TV all the time.

I started searching the internet on Dish and found that the only thing people liked about it was the DVR service. Every other comment was a nightmare. Since they are getting rid of AMC on July first I canceled my order.

The best part is I knew there was talk of them dropping AMC when I ordered last night, so I made it a point to bring it up to the guy that took my call. He said told me as far as he heard it should get renewed. What was even greater than his bullshit knowledge of their contract negotiations was that he sold me a TV package that didn't include AMC.
Is it true that with DirecTV that if you move, you have to pay the early termination fee and sign up again at your new address?
DaveP Wrote:Is it true that with DirecTV that if you move, you have to pay the early termination fee and sign up again at your new address?

Ive actually heard that. That might be an old rule though. Something to do with how "complicated" it used to be to install the system again at the new house .

I would like to know if they would cut me a deal if i installed, and maintained all the equipment myself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
DaveP Wrote:Is it true that with DirecTV that if you move, you have to pay the early termination fee and sign up again at your new address?

No but I did have to harvest a kidney to pay the early term with them. I went my 2 years, but because I upgraded my bedroom TV receiver they extended my contract from that date.
LeNeve Wrote:

Ive actually heard that. That might be an old rule though. Something to do with how "complicated" it used to be to install the system again at the new house .

I would like to know if they would cut me a deal if i installed, and maintained all the equipment myself.

Damn.
When you move with U-Verse, they'll give you a $200 rebate and the new customer rates just for keeping them.
Undercover boss did an episode on direct tv. I didn't like the way they operated the company.

LeNeve Wrote:

You can't install it yourself because you have to have the meter to aim the dish. If it moves even less then an inch you lose service.
You don't need their stupid meter. Just a good buddy and some walkie talkies. Gps and some sattelite guides you can really get it on the money.

The meter thing they use is so their ghetto, high school dropout, service techs, can figure it out quickly and make the customers feel secure with the service.