Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting the cord
Not bad, but still, to many wires and such.

[Image: Radar-All.png]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I'm not really sure what Comcast cut off. They asked me if I wanted to add local channels to my internet service for an additional $7 a month and I said ok. I didn't really bother with the TV last night, but today I noticed I have all the regular channels. There has to be over 100 that I still have access to. I still get the local channels in HD, but I also get MSNBC, History, Animal Planet, etc.. I just don't get them in HD anymore. Not bad I guess for $77 a month when they are charging $70 just for internet.
We are going to get a Roku. Buddy of mine has it and loves it. We'll gladly pay the $16/ month for Netflix and Hulu plus. We currently pay $100/ mo for directv and hd/DVD... No movie channels either!
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
MattInMinnesota Wrote:We are going to get a Roku. Buddy of mine has it and loves it. We'll gladly pay the $16/ month for Netflix and Hulu plus. We currently pay $100/ mo for directv and hd/DVD... No movie channels either!
$16 each or for both Netflix and Hulu Plus?
Joe Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:We are going to get a Roku. Buddy of mine has it and loves it. We'll gladly pay the $16/ month for Netflix and Hulu plus. We currently pay $100/ mo for directv and hd/DVD... No movie channels either!

Yeah, I think they're both $8.
I had Hulu Plus for a few months, but my Boxee doesn't have it, so I cancelled it.
Otherwise I would have kept it.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I had Hulu Plus for a few months, but my Boxee doesn't have it, so I cancelled it.

Oh that's not bad. My WD Live Hub has all both of those. Right now it looks like the Xfinity app gives me every episode of anything is search for. I wonder if Hulu has anything Xfinity doesn't.
I know NetFlix is $8, it's been a while since I cancelled Hulu Plus, but I remember it having a ton of stuff, I think they have free trials and I think it was $8 too.
Hell, Sirius is up to $16.
I remember looking at the WD Live, but I don't remember why I didn't go with it.
Chip Wrote:I know NetFlix is $8, it's been a while since I cancelled Hulu Plus, but I remember it having a ton of stuff, I think they have free trials and I think it was $8 too.
Hell, Sirius is up to $16.
I remember looking at the WD Live, but I don't remember why I didn't go with it.
I would like to get sirius online on my hd live hub

Imported from Canada
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Oh that's not bad. My WD Live Hub has all both of those. Right now it looks like the Xfinity app gives me every episode of anything is search for. I wonder if Hulu has anything Xfinity doesn't.
Hulu is great but it doesn't get AMC shows like the Walking Dead or Breaking Bad. Does Xfinity have those shows?
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Hulu is great but it doesn't get AMC shows like the Walking Dead or Breaking Bad. Does Xfinity have those shows?

Good question. I'll have to login tonight and check.
How long do you have to wait for shows to arrive on Hulu plus?

I am going to check my Sony blue ray player and see what it gets.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:How long do you have to wait for shows to arrive on Hulu plus?

I am going to check my Sony blue ray player and see what it gets.

I think Hulu Plus is the next day.
The free Hulu is about week.
Well Comcast figured it out and shut down my access to the Xfinity App as well as all the other channels I was getting. Now I'm down to the locals which is like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, CNN and 10 channels that no one ever watches.
I couldn't do it. Confusedad:

I made out ok during the week just watching the crap the comes on the local stations, but when the girlfriend would come over and we would stay in it sucked not having anything to watch.

After blasting them on Twitter I did get them to call me back and offer me one of those 6 month introductory deals. A small victory.
Joe Wrote:I couldn't do it. Confusedad:

I made out ok during the week just watching the crap the comes on the local stations, but when the girlfriend would come over and we would stay in it sucked not having anything to watch.

After blasting them on Twitter I did get them to call me back and offer me one of those 6 month introductory deals. A small victory.

I finally broke down.
After a couple years without it, I'm getting cable again.
U-Verse is offering me a $300 rebate, with no contract, to add TV.