Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting the cord
I've been giving thought to shopping around. Comcast can't keep their internet up in our neighborhood lately. Plus, I miss Directv.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I am still looking into dropping cable and still coming across the same problem, live sports. There still is no reliable way to replace live sports.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I am still looking into dropping cable and still coming across the same problem, live sports. There still is no reliable way to replace live sports.

So true.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I've been giving thought to shopping around. Comcast can't keep their internet up in our neighborhood lately. Plus, I miss Directv.

The reason I never thought about DirecTV was that the price they advertise is for the first year of a two year contract.
I don't have a contract with U-Verse.
Pete Nice Wrote:I am still looking into dropping cable and still coming across the same problem, live sports. There still is no reliable way to replace live sports.

The only option I found was going to the bar.
I heard ESPN 3 online airs a lot of live game feeds. Not sure if it's true or not.
I'm going to get dish, and the hopper
LeNeve Wrote:I'm going to get dish, and the hopper
Hopp-ahh!!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

There are some websites that stream any and every live game free. I'll have to ask my brother which one he uses. From what I understand, if a kid in Nigeria is playing kickball at 3am, it is likely to be broadcast on there.
This is exactly what stopping me from getting a Roku box or similar streamer.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23