Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weyerbacher Heresy

Brewed by Weyerbacher Brewing Co.
Style: Imperial Stout
Easton, Pennsylvania USA
COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
This is an incredibly intriguing ale is made by aging our Old Heathen Imperial Stout in oak barrels that were used for making fine Kentucky bourbon! The result is an extraordinary, dark, and mysterious stout whose very essence has been enhanced. The aroma is filled with vanilla, cocoa, and roasted coffee beans. This silky-smooth brew has notes of oak, whiskey, roasted barley and vanilla that meld together on the tongue to create an incredible sensation. Heresy is released in February.

12oz bottle. Pours a deep, dark, brown color with a thin white head. Aroma is malty, oaky, vanilla, bourbon. Just a little heavy on the palate with soft carbonation. Flavor is sweet, malty, bourbon, a little booze, with a sort of tart, bourbon finish

[Image: 36378.jpg]

A friend of mine brought over a bottle of another kind of oak aged stout and I loved it so when I saw this I had to give it a shot. It didn't disappoint. It wasn't as good as the $17 a bottle one I had before, but for the price it's a great beer if you are into this style. I don't know much about Weyerbacher, but my friend says they have amazing beers. I'm going to take a drive up there in a few weeks and check out the rest of what they have.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't experienced that brewery. That does sound like something up my alley.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri