Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slingbox
Throw your slingbox info here. I still have not taken my modem to the basement like we previously discussed on the old DBN forum. I hope to do it this weekend and get the slingbox running. I got the blackberry storm last week and they stated that I can get slingbox on it, but to download the app would void the warrenty. They said that since I pay monthly for insurance though, that I just download the app and if the phone ever breaks just drop it in water and get a new one.

I am still waiting for them to come out with a slingbox with built in wifi so I do not have to go through all this shit. I will buy that one on first release. I am gonna predict it will be out by May 2011.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Since I travel quite a bit, I love my slingbox solo. It is great when I can sit in a hotel across the country and my wife and I can watch TV together.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:Since I travel quite a bit, I love my slingbox solo. It is great when I can sit in a hotel across the country and my wife and I can watch TV together.
awwwweeee thats sooooo swweeeet
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Pete Nice Wrote:Throw your slingbox info here. I still have not taken my modem to the basement like we previously discussed on the old DBN forum. I hope to do it this weekend and get the slingbox running. I got the blackberry storm last week and they stated that I can get slingbox on it, but to download the app would void the warrenty. They said that since I pay monthly for insurance though, that I just download the app and if the phone ever breaks just drop it in water and get a new one.

I am still waiting for them to come out with a slingbox with built in wifi so I do not have to go through all this shit. I will buy that one on first release. I am gonna predict it will be out by May 2011.
I've never heard of any app voiding a warranty on a Blackberry.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Throw your slingbox info here. I still have not taken my modem to the basement like we previously discussed on the old DBN forum. I hope to do it this weekend and get the slingbox running. I got the blackberry storm last week and they stated that I can get slingbox on it, but to download the app would void the warrenty. They said that since I pay monthly for insurance though, that I just download the app and if the phone ever breaks just drop it in water and get a new one.

That's what they told me in the Verizon store.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

That's what they told me in the Verizon store.
I don't listen to anything they tell me at the Verizon store.