Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delirium Tremens
Who has tried this and what did you think?

[Image: 125px-Delirium_Tremens.jpg]

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Bottle Conditioned.
Launched on December 26th 1989 @ 9% abv. Abv reduced from 9% to 8.5% in 2003.
The particular character and the unique taste of "Delirium Tremens" result from the use of three different kinds of yeast. Its very original packing, which resembles cologne ceramics, and the colourful label contribute to its success.
In 1997, Stuart A. Kallen nominated Delirium Tremens as "best beer in the world". A gold medal during the "world beer championships" in Chicago (1998) confirmed that worldwide recognition.
Yep. DTs was one of the first beers that I tried when I started really going deep into the beer culture. It has a fan base that is not unlike the Apple FanBoys. Only these guys tend to be cooler.

First time I drank DT, I really didn't like it. Since that time I've had it on a number of occasions. It is good, but personally, I think it would be better if it were 1-2% less alcohol. The alcohol really interferes with the full flavor of the beer.

I think it is a good beer, but it just doesn't completely work for me. Were I scoring it, I would give it a 6.5 on a 10 point scale (maybe a 7).
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:Yep. DTs was one of the first beers that I tried when I started really going deep into the beer culture. It has a fan base that is not unlike the Apple FanBoys. Only these guys tend to be cooler.

First time I drank DT, I really didn't like it. Since that time I've had it on a number of occasions. It is good, but personally, I think it would be better if it were 1-2% less alcohol. The alcohol really interferes with the full flavor of the beer.

I think it is a good beer, but it just doesn't completely work for me. Were I scoring it, I would give it a 6.5 on a 10 point scale (maybe a 7).

I'm glad you felt that way about it. I hear so many people hype it up that I paid $22 for a 4 pack. It's just good beer. It's not really mind blowing or anything. I'd drink it if it were given to me, but I'm not buying it again.